Easter Marshmallow Popcorn Balls
Easter is just around the corner. If you are looking for a fun sweet treat for the whole family, than look no further! These popcorn balls are so yummy and cute. Marshmallow and popcorn are a fabulous combination!
Stack your marshmallow balls on a plate for your buffet or wrap them in clear plastic bags and tie with a pretty bow for a delicious addition to any Easter basket.
**Quick tip: Spray your hands with cooking spray to keep them from getting sticky when rolling the popcorn balls.
- 16 cups popped pop corn
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 10 oz bag marshmallows
- pinch of salt
- Chocolate Easter colored candies
- Icing Recipe
- 2 cups sifted confectioners sugar
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp corn syrup
- food coloring
- Melt butter, vanilla, corn syrup, and sugar in a microwave safe bowl on high for 2-3 minutes. Or until smooth and combined.
- Place marshmallows in second microwave safe bowl and cook on high for one minute at a time until marshmallows are melted.
- Pour sugar mixture into melted marshmallows, add pinch of salt, and stir.
- Slowly pour marshmallow mixture over popcorn.
- Stir until popcorn is evenly coated in marshmallow mixture.
- Allow to cool slightly and add chocolate candies.
- Spray cooking oil on your hands and form popcorn into tennis ball size balls.
- Place popcorn balls onto grease cookie sheet to cool and harden.
- Combine ingredients for Icing recipe.
- Separate into 2-3 bowls and color with desired food coloring.
- Drizzle icing over popcorn balls.
- Allow to cool and harden for 30 minutes.