Our 72-Hour Christmas Countdown
Starting Friday until Christmas, we will be unavailable.
Okay, that isn't completely true, but we WILL be busy with our annual 72-Hour Christmas Countdown.
This might be one of the things we all look forward to the most about Christmas, well maybe the kids look forward to the gifts too… but second to that, this is a really cool thing we do.
Ready for it? For the 72 hours leading up to Christmas, we have the family room all set up for non-stop holiday movie watching. We also let in Christmas related TV shows here and there too. But the fun doesn't stop with just the movies. We also wear Christmas PJ's and keep a crockpot full of hot apple cider on hand. This year the weather just turned a bit cooler and that cider sounds so good!
When I say around the clock, I'm not joking…we keep the TV on as long as someone is awake. When I am wrapping presents at 2 am, you better believe that there will be a Christmas show in the background.
This all started a few years ago when I was telling Pete how bummed I was that the holidays go by so quickly. He got that glimmer in his eyes and told me he had an idea to not really slow it down. The idea was to get every last drop of Christmas magic, and I think this really does the trick. Since that year it has only grown.
Emmy contributes to the fun by rounding up all of her holiday stuffed animals and Elfie, our Elf. Ashley brings all the holiday blankets and pillows. Maddie is in charge of snack duty, which means buckets and buckets of popcorn.
New for this year, DIRECTV NOW has nonstop holiday favorites to play on the TV!
If you haven't heard of DIRECTV NOW, it is a really great way to bring TV lovers a new way to experience their favorite shows virtually anywhere and at a great price.
DIRECTV NOW is a streaming, or over-the-top service, that offers up to 120+ live TV channels, premium programming options and access to more than 25,000 on demand show and movie titles.* No credit check or annual contract is required and you can cancel at any time.
It is rules-free TV for anyone in the U.S. who wants to stream shows and movies. There are no set-top-boxes, satellite dishes, annual contracts or credit checks required and within minutes, you have the power to stream content over a U.S. internet connection on a variety of devices.
Here is how it works:
Just create an account, select a plan with the package and premium channels you want, and start watching on a supported browser or device.
With DIRECTV NOW, you can stream simultaneously on up to two devices. That means that we can have our holiday 72-hour extravaganza playing in the family room and in the office if Pete and I have to catch up on a couple work things. I LOVE that!
DIRECTV NOW offers a wide selection of programming packages at a great entertainment value. Packages start at $35 / month – Live a Little (60+ channels), Just Right (80+ channels at $50), Go Big (100+ channels at $60) and Gotta Have it (120+ channels at $70).
If you are ready for your own 72-Hour Christmas Countdown, DIRECTV NOW has some awesome pricing for you:
- Free Roku Streaming Stick for new customers who prepay just 1 month of DIRECTV NOW (min. $35/mo.).**
- In celebration of DIRECTV NOW’s first birthday, new customers can get $25 off their first month of service for any package using the “BDAY2017” promo code.*** Service auto-renews after 1 month (min. $35/mo.) unless canceled.
- 7-day free trial, and if you cancel during the free trial period, you will not be charged for the plan selected. After 7 days it renews (min. $35/mo.).****
- *Requires subscription to top package and all premium channels.”
- ** No refunds. Service renews monthly until canceled. Restrictions apply. Details at directvnow.com.
- *** No refunds. Restrictions apply. See www.directvnow.com for details.
- **** Offers cannot be combined. New customers only. Restrictions apply. See details at www.directvnow.com.
Are you all ready for the big day?