Three Ways To Feel More At Home When You Are Traveling
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Country Inns & Suites By Carlson. All opinions are 100% mine.
Traveling and vacations in general are always better with a touch of home.
Pete and I have a couple tips that we always go back to for both work and leisure travel. These tips help us enjoy our vacation adventures and work trips more and make us feel more at home where we are staying.
1. Food always makes you feel more at home no matter where you are. Bring some of your favorite snacks with you and some bottled waters. I am a water snob and I have a favorite brand that I love to drink. I always bring a few bottles with me and some nuts and dried fruit to snack on. If you are in a hurry during the mornings of your stay makes sure to stay at a place with a good breakfast offering too!
Country Inns & Suites has an awesome complimentary, hot “Be Our Guest Breakfast” served every morning with rotating, hot options served on (non-disposable) real dining ware including build-your-own omelets, breakfast burritos, waffles & more! They also have grab and go options if you have to rush out the door!
2. Pack comfort items. I have a laptop desk that I never leave home without. I can write in bed with it or sit in a comfy chair to get my work done. I bring it everywhere. Consider things that you can bring that make your life easier and pack them too!
3. Make sure you are staying somewhere with all the amenities you need. Pete and I need wi-fi so we really appreciate that Country Inns & Suites offers it for free! Pete also needs a fitness center and business center (for printing) and they have that too! You can even get a free weekday newspaper.
The kids care most about the pool and my oldest loves that there is a Read It & Return Lending Library offered at Country Inns & Suites who has partnered with Penguin Random House to offer a wide selection of book titles for guests to borrow & return at their leisure!
Country Inns & Suites also offers complimentary cookies & coffee in the lobby and most rooms include a refrigerator and microwave. They offers services and amenities that help guests feel at home, and experience a welcoming and relaxing stay.
I had you at cookies and coffee though didn't I?
Business travelers can enjoy all the comforts of home on the go because Country Inns & Suites is a comfortable place to unwind and still stay productive while on the road… The Rest Comes Easy
They have locations in cities both big and small, some of the top destinations include Minneapolis, Atlanta, Chicago, Nashville, Phoenix, San Diego and more. Learn More and Book Now
Country Inns & Suites has a great special going on this spring called Double the Fun.
If you are a member of one of the rewards program for the participating airlines below, and you stay at Country Inns & Suites, you can receive double the airline rewards for your stay.
To take advantage of the offer, simply provide your airline loyalty membership detail at check-in for one of the following airlines and you will earn double the rewards that you normally would earn.
- Southwest Airlines – Earn Double Rapid Rewards Points March 1st through May 31, 2015
- American Airlines – Earn Double Miles April 15 through June 30, 2015
- United Airlines – Earn Double Miles April 15 through June 30, 2015
- Air Canada – Earn Double Miles April 15 through June 30, 2015