This post contains affiliate links. We may earn compensation when you click on the links at no additional cost to you.
This is a sponsored post partnership with Hallmark to share Mother’s Day Cards and to encourage us all to put our hearts to paper and to let our loved ones know how much we care.
Growing up my mom always meant a lot to me.
She was the one that always knew what I was thinking before I could even say it. She was the one that always had my back. Of course she expected only the best from me and often she got it because I wanted to make her proud. And then, once I had children of my own I really started to realize just how much she has inspired me in my own life as a mom, wife and friend.
My mom taught me many lessons with the way that she lived (and continues to live) her life. Here are the 10 ways my mom has inspired me through her lessons:
- Stand up for what you believe in no matter what the cost. Boy have I learned that what is right is not always what is easiest. From an early age she has taught me to stand up for what I believed in and for what was right. She led by example and made other people’s lives better.
- Be strong, especially in tough times. Your true strength will be tested. Never let anything get you down. She is one of the strongest people I know and I strive to be as strong as she is.
- Patience is the difference in your dreams coming true or not. Keep working hard and hang in there… I saw her work for years on projects and I learned that patience is what kept her going to reach success.
- It’s okay to put your family first. Your career will always be there. Your children’s childhood won’t. She was always there for us and never missed any moments of our childhood. I finally understand why as a mother myself. The joy is just as much for the mother as it is for the child when you are there for important times.
- You can be anything you want to, just not all at the same time. Prioritize and spend the time and energy where it counts. I saw her be and do all she wanted to… but not at the same time. As we kids got older she added more to her life that brought her joy, but she always made sure there was plenty of time for us too!
- Hard work does pay off. Nobody worked harder than my mom. She still works hard and she has accomplished everything she ever dreamed of!
- There is a solution for every problem. She said “never complain about a problem you aren’t willing to be a part of the solution for.” She taught me how to problem solve like an expert by watching her.
- Do your best. She taught me to do my best because no matter what the outcome was as long as I did my best I could be proud of myself.
- Never pass up the opportunity to say “I love you”. She must have said it 10 times a day to us. She showed us love just as much as she said it, but it still feels good to hear it!
- Push yourself out of your comfort zone, that is where your dreams will come true. She was constantly pushing us to be better and to experience new things. She did it herself and watching her stretch her limits has always encouraged me!
This Mother’s Day “put your heart to paper” with a Hallmark card for your mom to show her how much you love her!
How has your mom inspired you?
My mom is a very strong woman who weathered a lot at a very young age. I have always had a great deal of respect for that.
Very heartfelt post. Loved it!
Thank for sharing something that is so precious from your mom. She’s a smart woman.
Hi Heather, Beautiful lessons and the inspirations from that and Happy Mother’s Day to you and your Mother. My mom inspired me to be better. Loved the Hallmark card link – thank you 🙂
what a sweet tribute to your mom…thanks for sharing all these lessons.
What a great tribute for your Mom! This post makes me miss my Mama so much, being thousands of miles away has been so hard for both of us.
How sweet of you! Your mother sounds like a wonderful lady and role model.
Always great to let mom know you love her. I’m sure she knows, but hearing it is nice too. Hurrah for a day that gives us the perfect excuse. 🙂
What a beautiful tribute to your mom! Great post for sure. Lovely.
It is a wonderful thing when a mom can pass knowledge, love, and grace down to her kids. I can say the same for my mom too!
This is a sweet tribute to your mom! My mom has always been there for me and inspired me to be a great mom too.
Those are so inspiring indeed. Your mom is one of a kind. And it is so sweet of you to make this for her.
I love her life tips and she’s going to love this. It’s always great to write to our moms and tell them how they’ve impacted our life and to tell them we love them.
These are great lessons! I agree, my mom is probably one of the most inspiration ladies in my life. What a great tribute!
My mother is my rock. We’ve been through a lot together in life. When I want to give up, I think about her.
Your post is such a beautiful tribute to your mom! My mother is definitely the person with the most impact on my life. She has always inspired me to put my family first and I definitely think that that is the most important thing in life.
I wish I could say that my mom and I had the best mother and daughter relationship growing up, yet that wasn’t the case although our relationship has come a long way over the years. However, I must say that she taught how be a strong person.
I love this one: “You can be anything you want, just not all at the same time”. It’s so true, and very practical! I know women who were told that they could do it all at once, and they’ve been sadly disappointed when they’ve realized it’s just not realistic (or healthy!). I love that your mom taught you to believe in yourself, but in a real life sort of way!
My mom is a go-getter! She has taught me to always be able to stand on my own and be independent. She rocks!
Beautiful tribute to your mom – and I could really say “ditto” regarding my own mom. Sadly, she passed away in 2011, so I no longer have the opportunity to spend Mother’s Day with her. In addition, my own four adult kids live in other states, so the special day tends to be rather melancholy for me in multiple ways.
Your mom sounds like the definition of a wonderful mother. It makes me appreciate me mom, I’m going to go call her.
What a wonderful mother. I love that she taught how to say I LOVE You anytime you can. It is important
It sounds like she is an inspiration. My mom also demonstrates strength in all things. I marvel at her composure during the trying times in our family’s lives. Maybe one day I’ll be like her!
I never would have imagined how important my mother and her lessons would have been. I don’t go a day without using one of her tips, or tricks, or even her words.
My mom is my biggest inspiration in showing me how much can be achieved from nothing. She came to this country 30 years ago without a cent to her name and she managed to work for everything she got and met my father in the progress. Definitely always makes me think the skies the limit.
Your mom sounds like an awesome lady! What a great tribute to your mom. Hallmark always have the right words for every occasion.
My mom is pretty awesome. I look back and wonder how she did everything she did while we were growing up.
What a great post about your mom. Sounds like these are some of the same lessons my mom taught me too.
What a beautiful post. You mom sounds like an awesome woman. My mom has taught me how to be strong. I admire her strength and I hope I inherit that from her.
Your mom sounds like a great lady who has taught you alot.
Hallmark always has the perfect cards with the perfect message. They are appropriate for any special holiday.
Such a lovely post indeed! Its really a great tribute to your mom. My mom is very strong and kind hearted and she really inspires me. I like the tips you have given as well.
Your mom is absolutely beautiful! Everyone needs to tell their mom how much they appreciate them while they are still here on this earth.
Moms are definitely God’s sweetest blessings ( great lessons your mom’s taught you ) & I can’t imagine what life is like without moms. I’ve always given my mom a card for her birthday, Christmas, New Year, and even Mother’s Day ever since I was a kid and it’s always made her feel happy. I always want to make her feel that she is appreciated.
So sweet! I am loving these Hallmark posts. It reminds me of all the things I want to tell my Mom this Mother’s Day. I know it will all start with the best card… and the rest is up to me and my pen.
What great lessons! Thank you as your post genuinely brightened my day!
Such great lessons. This is such a heartwarming post.
I am loving this campaign from Hallmark. It is a great reminder to celebrate Mom.
What a nice tribute to your mom! My Mom inspires me by giving me a great example of how to be a parent who puts their kids first.
Such sweet lessons. My mom taught me you can do anything if you have to.
What an inspiring story. Your mom shared amazing lessons with you. You are lucky
What a beautiful post! My mom is my best friend now, but we don’t live close and I miss seeing her anytime I want. She just turned 70 today, in fact, and her health isn’t the best, but she still is the strongest woman I know with the biggest heart. I’m glad for Hallmark since I don’t get to see her on her birthday or on Mother’s Day.
Aw, this made me tear up a little! Moms do so much for us, even when we’re grown. <3
I just got off the phone with my Mom before reading this. Mine is always there for me, and helps me stay grounded! She also reminds me about how good things come to those who are patient.
So sweet! My mom inspires me too and teaches me so much.
This is such a lovely post and a wonderful tribute to your mom! She sounds like such a great lady!
This is great. Moms deserve to have the recognition for all they have done.
Great post! We should show and express our love to our mother all the time. Make a move before it’s too late! We all don’t want to regret later so moms deserve all the love and care because they gave and do everything just for us.
We should make them happy and comfortable all the time.
Great tips! Happy early Mother’s Day!!
Awh, your mother sounds like a good lady. I don’t have the best relationship with my own mother but, I guess, she still inspires me. She gave me a good example of what *not* to be as a parent.
What a sweet story. I hope you have a happy mothers day.
Comments are closed.