This post contains affiliate links. We may earn compensation when you click on the links at no additional cost to you.
This is a sponsored post partnership with Hallmark to share Mother’s Day Cards and to encourage us all to put our hearts to paper and to let our loved ones know how much we care.
Growing up my mom always meant a lot to me.
She was the one that always knew what I was thinking before I could even say it. She was the one that always had my back. Of course she expected only the best from me and often she got it because I wanted to make her proud. And then, once I had children of my own I really started to realize just how much she has inspired me in my own life as a mom, wife and friend.
My mom taught me many lessons with the way that she lived (and continues to live) her life. Here are the 10 ways my mom has inspired me through her lessons:
- Stand up for what you believe in no matter what the cost. Boy have I learned that what is right is not always what is easiest. From an early age she has taught me to stand up for what I believed in and for what was right. She led by example and made other people’s lives better.
- Be strong, especially in tough times. Your true strength will be tested. Never let anything get you down. She is one of the strongest people I know and I strive to be as strong as she is.
- Patience is the difference in your dreams coming true or not. Keep working hard and hang in there… I saw her work for years on projects and I learned that patience is what kept her going to reach success.
- It’s okay to put your family first. Your career will always be there. Your children’s childhood won’t. She was always there for us and never missed any moments of our childhood. I finally understand why as a mother myself. The joy is just as much for the mother as it is for the child when you are there for important times.
- You can be anything you want to, just not all at the same time. Prioritize and spend the time and energy where it counts. I saw her be and do all she wanted to… but not at the same time. As we kids got older she added more to her life that brought her joy, but she always made sure there was plenty of time for us too!
- Hard work does pay off. Nobody worked harder than my mom. She still works hard and she has accomplished everything she ever dreamed of!
- There is a solution for every problem. She said “never complain about a problem you aren’t willing to be a part of the solution for.” She taught me how to problem solve like an expert by watching her.
- Do your best. She taught me to do my best because no matter what the outcome was as long as I did my best I could be proud of myself.
- Never pass up the opportunity to say “I love you”. She must have said it 10 times a day to us. She showed us love just as much as she said it, but it still feels good to hear it!
- Push yourself out of your comfort zone, that is where your dreams will come true. She was constantly pushing us to be better and to experience new things. She did it herself and watching her stretch her limits has always encouraged me!
This Mother’s Day “put your heart to paper” with a Hallmark card for your mom to show her how much you love her!
How has your mom inspired you?
Beautiful photos! I love how your mother has inspired you and how you share the same inspiration with your own children.
Your mom sounds like a lovely lady! You and her clearly have an amazing relationship!
Moms really are the greatest. If it weren’t for my mom, I don’t know where I’d be, but it certainly wouldn’t be where I am now!
I’m so lucky to still have my mom in my life and I love to spoil her when I can. She loves Hallmark cards and they always have something that says what I want to. Your mom sounds as amazing as my mom, you’ve been blessed.
You have a very wise mom. You’ve hit on very valid points and things that I’ve taught my own children.
It sounds like you have a really great mom. She must be so proud to know that you’ve written something so nice about her!
My mom was such a big influence on my life. She taught me all about love, laughter, dignity, and how to be a great mom!
I really love this post. So much. My mom is my hero, and she really helped me become the woman I am today.
I agree… most of our Mothers have had a huge hand in molding us. I even find myself acting like her sometimes.
Hallmark has the best cards to relay the sentiment we are searching for a way to say. Great list of ways your Mom has inspired you. I especially like #7 because it is so true and a lesson I’m still sharing with my own daughters.
Sounds like you have a great mom! She has taught you well and wonderful life lessons.
I miss my Mom!! I could always go to her and she would listen to my fears, problems… whatever. She would listen. For those of you who still have your Mothers with you… cherish every minute with them.
Awwwww what a beyond cute post!!!! Your mommy sounds like such a great person :):) my mommy is a great person as well 🙂
One thing my mom always taught me was to believe the best in people. Its so easy to see the negatives but positives are there too.
I love all of the wonderful things you had to say about your mom! I love how my mom still remains one of my best friends!
Oh, how sweet! My mom is such an inspiration to me, too and taught me those very same values. I wish I lived closer to my mom so we could spend more quality time together. Talking on the phone is good, but it’s not the same thing as being there with her.
Sounds like you have an amzing mom. Thankfully I do too! This is a beautiful post, I could not agree with you more on all of these.
This is such a beautiful post! My mom was the best and while it’s been years since she passed, her knowledge and words stay with me always
Beautiful beautiful post! Love it! I hope your momma gets to read it 🙂
This is really sweet! Your mom taught you some very valuable lessons. I hope I’ve been teaching my kids great lessons too.
My mom inspired me to be a hard worker, be on time and honest. She was not always a great mom but she tried.
Your mother is a wise woman- my blog is pretty much dedicated to my mom; never under value the worth of her words! I think I love the tip about being whatever you want, just not all at once, the most!
This is such a wonderful post. My Mom taught me to be strong and that i can do anything i put my mind to.
What a beautiful post. My mom sadly passed away just after I turned 16. But, before that she had taught me how to be honest, true, compassionate and most of all be me, regardless of what anyone else thinks or says. She did a lot for me in those 16 years!
Your mom did give you amazing lessons that are so valid and important to keep in mind always.
Cheers to celebrating her!
This is such a beautiful post! I love my mom so much too. Thank you so much for sharing 😀
Your mom sounds great! My mom has inspired me in a lot of ways. She was a great businesswoman and she taught me that I could succeed if I worked really hard at it!
These are great lessons that your mom has taught you. I learn from my mom every day and she’s the best with advice. Such a great post!
One of the most heartfelt tributes to our Moms is being able to come up with a list of the things we learned from them. Thank you for sharing your post! It is so inspiring to thing about the ways our Moms really help us get through life!
I love all these heart-felt Mother’s Day posts. It sounds like you learned a lot from your mom.
Those are such amazing lessons to learn in life. I especially love the one about being anything you want, just not all at the same time! It is so true, sometimes you need to put something else first, and some things I want in life do not coincide with other things I want in life. To each thing there is a time and season. And that is a wise woman to know that!
Your moms sounds great. She taught you well 🙂
My mom was not very supportive of me, so I did not get a lot of great advice from her. I love that your mom taught you to push yourself out of your comfort zone, that is where your dreams will come true. I totally agree!
Your mom sounds awesome. Not everyone is as lucky to have a mom like that!
My moms has always influenced my life. She is my hero, I would not be who I am without what she has taught me.
Beautiful post! You are truly blessed to have a wonderful mother 🙂
Sounds like you have learned a lot from you mom!! My mom has inspired me to follow thru on my dreams and how to cook we are always in the kitchen together!
I love numbers 5 & 7.
Your mom is a smart woman. It is wonderful how much she taught you, but how great you are to thank her for that. Moms want some credit for all they do, right?! I always choose a Hallmark card for special moments because they seem to be able to say the things that I cannot!
I love this. What a sweet tribute to your mom.
Sounds like your mom taught you some good life lessons! My mom taught me it’s ok to say no. Don’t let anyone walk all over you. It took me a while to take that advice to heart, but when I did, I know I started living a much happier life!
I absolutely love this. Everyone should read this.
What a great tribute to your mom. My mom gave me her strength and my sense of humor.
What a great tribute to your mom. My mom was more of a “how not to” in most ways. Definitely none of the points you listed above.
I think your mom and my mom are cut from the same cloth. She and are SO close and I love all the advice she gives me!
Yes, I love this. It’s so important that you honor your mom. Hallmark has been helping me celebrate my mom for years.
This is such a beautiful post. Your mom is one smart lady!
My mom has always been a big inspiration in my life. I love the way you have this written out, such a great memory. I will have to do something like that for my mom.
Agree with your statements! I try and instill these in my kids as well. I try and lead by example that hard work does pay off!
Sounds like you have a very wise mother! My mom has taught me so much that I have carried into my own parenting. Thank you for sharing!
What a beautiful post! I love my momma too and I don’t get to spend as much time with her anymore. May be time to change that
Comments are closed.