Full Family Review Pictures and Video: The New Pixar Fest at The Disneyland Resort
There is something out of this world amazing happening at the Disneyland Resort right now- it's Pixar Fest time and we have a full review from the whole family to share with you! Special thanks to Disney for hosting this day of fun!
Pixar Fest is the biggest Pixar celebration ever to come to Disney Parks and we had so much fun experiencing it all! It is a wonderful way to celebrate friendship and beyond for a limited time, through Sept. 3, 2018.
This spring and summer at Disneyland Resort is going to be the best ever with these 10 tips!
1. Bring the whole squad. Pixar Fest is a celebration of friendship… so plan to bring some friends and/or family with you when you visit.
2. As you plan your visit, you will want to enjoy your original Pixar favorites (like Cars Land) and also a lot of new Pixar fun. Plan to spend at least a full day from opening to closing! It would also make for the perfect overnight getaway. Spend two days in the parks and stay at a Disneyland Hotel at night. Here is our newest review of the updated Disney's Grand Californian Resort & Spa.
3. Come hungry. In true Disney fashion, there are some delicious and colorful dining options available during Pixar Fest.
During Pixar Fest, you will discover creatively themed food and beverage offerings around every corner, inspired by the Pixar stories and characters that guests have come to know and love.
The Pixar Fest Celebration Cake is expected to be a guest favorite. Drawing inspiration from the famous yellow Pixar Ball, this eye-catching treat features layers of yellow vanilla cake, blue raspberry cake and red velvet cake with raspberry purée and vanilla frosting, topped with a chocolate Pixar Ball. The Pixar Fest Celebration Cake is available for guests at Plaza Inn at Disneyland Park and Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta at Disney California Adventure Park. Also for Pixar Fest, the popular Redd Rockett’s Pizza Port transforms into Alien Pizza Planet, inspired by the loveable green Space Aliens from the family restaurant frequented by Andy (and his toys) in “Toy Story.” The Space Aliens are invading this popular dining spot to deliver fresh, hot pizzas and other items that are out of this world, including the new specialty pepperoni pizza and cheeseburger pizza.
4. Check out the Monorail's new look! The Disneyland Monorail is zipping through the resort with a new Pixar-themed look to celebrate Pixar Fest! The orange train, inspired by Disney•Pixar’s “The Incredibles,” features Mr. Incredible, Mrs. Incredible, Violet, Dash and Jack-Jack on one side, while Frozone makes a cool splash on the other. Pixar Fest, the biggest Pixar celebration ever to come to Disney Parks, brings guests together to celebrate friendship and beyond at the Disneyland Resort from April 13 through Sept. 3, 2018.
5. Meet some of your favorite Pixar pals. The girls were so excited to meet some of their favorite Pixar pals at Paradise Gardens in Disney California Adventure, such as Buzz Lightyear and Woody, Russell, and Dug, Flik and Atta, Mike and Sulley, and Mr. and Mrs. Incredible.
6. Come together for “Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular”. Celebrate Pixar stories as they light up the sky over Disneyland Park. Along with dazzling pyrotechnics and memorable music, a heartwarming story celebrates the theme of friendship, an ever-present concept in Pixar animation, connecting us with characters we’ve come to know and love. “Together Forever” comes to life through projections on iconic park locations: Sleeping Beauty Castle, the water screens of the Rivers of America, the façade of “it’s a small world” and the buildings of Main Street, U.S.A.
7. Take a ride on Pixar attractions at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure. For 20 years, Disney Parks and Pixar Animation Studios have collaborated on attractions and experiences inspired by the colorful worlds of Pixar films. Guests at the Disneyland Resort now enjoy more than a dozen experiences that immerse them in the worlds of some favorite Pixar stories, including Toy Story Mania! and Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage.
8. Save some space in your bag for Pixar Fest merchandise. The ears game is strong at Disneyland Resort right now.
Emmy picked up these limited edition beauties and wouldn't take them off, even at bedtime.
Since we were also celebrating Maddie's 18th birthday, she chose the new birthday ears!
9. More Pixar Fun coming! Get excited for even more fun coming on June 23rd with the opening of Pixar Pier!
10. Be dazzled by the “Paint the Night” parade. The nighttime parade with more than 1 million brilliant lights returns, this time making its way through Disney California Adventure. Becoming even more super in June, “Paint the Night” adds a new float inspired by “The Incredibles” and “Incredibles 2.”
11. Watch Pixar Parade! For the first time, “Pixar Play Parade” makes its way through Disneyland Park. This interactive, daytime parade gets even more playful with three new story elements featuring the iconic Pixar Lamp and Ball from the original Pixar short, “Luxo Jr.,” and characters from “Up,” and “Inside Out.”
Here are some of our favorite moments:
12. Don't forget to challenge your friends on Astro Blasters! We love to see so many of our Pixar friends on this attraction!
13. Dine at Alien Pizza Planet! Everyone’s favorite green Space Aliens have invaded Disneyland Resort and transformed Redd Rockett’s Pizza Port at Disneyland Park into Alien Pizza Planet. Inspired by the family restaurant frequented by Andy (and his toys) in “Toy Story,” the restaurant serves a few new pizzas and other creatively themed menu items. See Emmy's recommendation in our video!
Pixar Fest is happening now through Sept. 3rd!
Be sure to watch our video above to see all the fun to be had for families at the Disneyland Resort during Pixar Fest!