This post contains affiliate links. We may earn compensation when you click on the links at no additional cost to you.
It has been a really fun couple of days staying at the Montage Deer Valley as their guest. We have packed so many fun things into each day and as we are packing up to return home, I’ve put together this list of 18 Awesome Things For Families To Do At Montage Deer Valley During The Summer.
I had a hard time deciding where to start with this list. About 50 things popped into my head as soon as my fingers touched my keyboard. Then I started asking the girls and Pete what were their top things to do at Montage Deer Valley and this list could have been 100+ tips long. So to keep it at 18 I chose the highlights from our stay that all of us can do, including the five year old and teens.
Be sure to visit with the concierge to make reservations for these activities. They can help you plan and direct you where to purchase tickets if necessary.
1. Go Swimming. I can’t not mention this. Swimming in the mountains surrounded by the forest in the clean air is something special. They have special kids hours and it is the perfect spot for kids to meet new friends and have some fun. The weather was perfect during our stay with a touch of summer warm. The pool was the perfect spot to cool off!
2. Go For A Hike. If you do nothing else on your visit, go for a hike. The trails off the Montage are the most beautiful ones I’ve ever seen. You literally just walk outside and pick up the trail right off the resort. The trails take you through meadows of flowers and beautiful forests filled with trees.
3. Learn Archery. I had no idea this was going to be as awesome as it was. Pete and the girls LOVED this and would have done it 10 more times. Next time I’m doing it too. Little ones have to be 8 years old to participate, but Emmy still loved watching and learning from everything the instructor was saying.
4. Make s’mores. Every night while we were there from eight to nine pm, there was a full s’more bar. The bar featured homemade specialty marshmallows and classics too with everything you need to make a delicious s’more. There is also hot chocolate to enjoy around the fire and to take back to your room.
5. Have Fun In Paintbox! Paintbox is the Montage Deer Valley’s exclusive children’s program, entertains guests ages 5 to 12 with a happy mix of games, crafts, movies and engaging activities. Outside play includes active choices like showshoeing or mountainside scavenger hunts that bring budding explorers closer to the wonders of the wild.
6. Play Lawn Games. Checkers, Frisbee, horseshoes, shuffleboard and more!
7. Take Family Pictures. There were so many breathtaking places to take pictures. We took a lot of pictures of the girls and some of us as a family. This view was something that we will remember forever thanks to these pictures.
8. Ride The Chair Lift. When Pete, Ashley and Emmy went on their hike they walked up for three miles and then took the chairlift back down. If hiking isn’t your thing, you can ride the chair life up and back down. It’s so peaceful and the views are amazing!
9. Relax In The Great Room (and play pool) with in front of the forever views! There is a full bar off to the side and ample chairs to relax on.
10. Enjoy A Delicious Meal. The Montage has multiple, world class dining options. From sushi to burgers and a refreshing coffee bar. You need never leave the resort to please your taste buds.
11. Go Mountain Biking. This is one of the most biking friendly communities I have ever been to. Montage offers mountain bike rentals and there are trails everywhere.
12. Play Ping-Pong. Inside the sports shop are ping-pong tables. If it gets too warm inside stop on by and play a game or two.
13. Visit Main Street, Park City. It’s a short 10 minute ride down the hill to Park City. There is so much to do that I have a whole post in the works to share it all. From a really special museum to luxury shopping, Main Street will keep you busy and entertained for days! The resort offers a shuttle around the clock.
14. Take In The Great Outdoors From Your Balcony. Grab a snack and a drink and just relax on your balcony. We enjoyed our balcony each evening. One night we even baked a pizza in the oven in our room (we had a full kitchen) and ate it on the balcony. The first night we were at the resort a moose even visited us right off our balcony.
15. Meet Monty The Bernese Mountain Dog and Montage Deer Valley Ambassador. He’s adorable and Emmy has been asking us for another dog since she met him.
16. Camp Compass. ”Camp Compass” features 30 recreational activities on property, from archery lessons and disc golf on the Grand Lawn to croquet and bocce ball on the Mountain Lawn and water games on the Alpine Pool Deck. At Montage Deer Valley, the warmer months beckon all to linger outdoors. You can even stargaze with one of their Celestron Sky Scouts.
17. Have A Blanket Picnic- This was on our list and we ran out of time to do it. I haven’t had a picnic in years and my next one is going to be here. We are already planning a return visit. The resort has everything you need from food to supplies to have an amazing picnic!
18. Challenge Each Other Over A Game Of Bowling. Montage has a four-lane regulation bowling alley! The bowling lanes are located inside Daly’s Pub & Rec on the 3rd floor of the resort and bowling shoes are available at the counter. The fresh menu at Daly’s Pub, including pretzel fondue, wood-fired pizza and locally brewed beers and root beer add to the festive ambiance.
That sounds like a great place to stay with the family. I can’t believe they have their own bowling alley! That’s pretty cool.
This looks like a great place for a family vacation. My son would have a blast shooting the bow and arrows.
Looks like so much fun! My daughter would love the archery! I have the funniest story about a Burmese Mountain dog that your photo reminded me of. Too long to tell though!
You’ll have to tell that story! There are a lot of us on the blogger world that love dog stories!
I would love to do this with my family! You all always seem to have so much fun and so many good ideas! This place looks beautiful.
Wow. That is one amazing place. I think if I were to stay there, I’d probably never leave for the entire trip!
It looks like a great place to visit! There seems to be a lot to do.
My family is ALWAYS getting into some sort of adventure whenever we have a moment. I love our family time.
Talk about not being bored. I’d love to visit this place!
Looks like such an amazing place to stay with the family. My teen would love the archery! Lots of amazing activities to do as family.
Wow! There is so much to do at the Montage Deer Valley! I would love to take my family there.
Wow, sounds like there really is something for everyone. I love spending time swimming and hiking… anything to get moving while having fun as a family
Oh what would I do first… stare at the amazing scenery! Then I would swim and next enjoy a great meal!
This place looks fantastic. My kids would especially go for the Paintbox and S’more making! The scenery looks great
It looks like there are tons of fun things to do here. I would love to ride the chair lift and look at the beautiful views.
Lawn games are always fun to play. Montage Deer Valley looks like an amazing place to go on vacation.
Deer valley is so gorgeous! We love it up there. We are making smores next time for sure!
I like that there’s so many family-oriented activities! It would be fun to learn archery!
Sounds like really good time. My daughter would like the archery.
I would love to unwind in front of that fireplace with a cup of hot cocoa and a good book. All of the activities look like so much fun. The archery, the hikes, the s’mores – what a great place for a family vacation.
Wow, there truly is so many fun things to do at Montage Deer Valley that I would have trouble deciding where to start. The archery experience would be super amazing and I would have to meet Monty too!
Awesome place for a family vacation. I did not know that there were so many fun activities guests can take advantage of. Adding this to my list of “places to visit.”
What a fun experience! I love that there is so much to do with the family!
I’d go just to play with that dog alone! Or to hang out in the great room lodge. That’s my kind of vacation.
Wow looks like some awesome fun! I would love to head to a place like this with my family, I’m sure we’d get a ton out of it and my kids would love it!
That woud be a great family vacation! It looks like an awesome place to visit.
We would definitely do archery first. My daughter has been wanting to get a real bow and arrow, but dad keeps saying no lol. This would help her get her fix in 🙂
This sounds like you all had an fantastic time for sure. I would love to visit there some day because they have so much to do and it looks so relaxing. Thanks so much for sharing and I love the pictures.
I expect a pool in a hotel, but there’s so much more. ,y kids would love the archery and the chair lift!
I’d probably grab a glass of wine and hang out in that fabulous lobby followed by a trip to town. Looks like a great family getaway!
I’ve never heard of this place, but it looks awesome! That s’mores bar sounds delicious! And those stuffed animals in your photo were so cute! Our kids would love those!
Wow this place looks AMAZING! I would love to take my family here. First thing we would do is go on a hike!
Such a fun thing to do with family. You guys are always doing something amazing!
Wow, what a beautiful place. So many activities for the entire family. I love reading about different places that I’ve never been before. There are so many places I hope to visit and this one seems like a great one!
Sounds like a fun place to take the family. I will have to keep it in mind.
Those are fun things to do with the family. We’ve never been to Montage Deer Valley, but I would love to visit this one day.
We love to explore the city when we’re on vacation so I would certainly visit the main street first. Then once we get tired, we’ll relax at that gorgeous great room and have a delicious meal afterwards.. 🙂
What a fun list. Looks like a great place for family.
These are great ideas! I’ll definitely keep these in mind if I ever visit. Love the pictures, thanks for sharing.
Archery is one of my daughters favorite hobbies. She has been doing it for years!
I really want to get in to archery. So fun. What a wonderful view and that downtown area is super cute. I love a good downtown area.
Smores is one of my favorite things to do, and I haven’t made real ones in such a long time. I am going to have to do that before the end of the summer. I would have also liked to have gone mountain biking.
How fun and exciting! This sounds like a place I would love to visit sometime next summer.
Looks like tons of fun. Id love to take the kids one day.
I would enjoy that magnificent fireplace and views with a warm drink and just go awwww. I”m all about enjoying Gods beauty and it looks like thats a great place to see it.
Wow! This place sounds fantastic. So many fun things to do. You are making great memories.
I love the s’mores bar in the hotel! That’s so much fun for the kids and the adults, too! Beautiful place–would love to visit some day!
I would like to try some archery out! A family bowling night while on vacation on premises is the best
Comments are closed.