18 Awesome Things For Families To Do At Montage Deer Valley During The Summer
It has been a really fun couple of days staying at the Montage Deer Valley as their guest. We have packed so many fun things into each day and as we are packing up to return home, I've put together this list of 18 Awesome Things For Families To Do At Montage Deer Valley During The Summer.
I had a hard time deciding where to start with this list. About 50 things popped into my head as soon as my fingers touched my keyboard. Then I started asking the girls and Pete what were their top things to do at Montage Deer Valley and this list could have been 100+ tips long. So to keep it at 18 I chose the highlights from our stay that all of us can do, including the five year old and teens.
Be sure to visit with the concierge to make reservations for these activities. They can help you plan and direct you where to purchase tickets if necessary.
1. Go Swimming. I can't not mention this. Swimming in the mountains surrounded by the forest in the clean air is something special. They have special kids hours and it is the perfect spot for kids to meet new friends and have some fun. The weather was perfect during our stay with a touch of summer warm. The pool was the perfect spot to cool off!
2. Go For A Hike. If you do nothing else on your visit, go for a hike. The trails off the Montage are the most beautiful ones I've ever seen. You literally just walk outside and pick up the trail right off the resort. The trails take you through meadows of flowers and beautiful forests filled with trees.
3. Learn Archery. I had no idea this was going to be as awesome as it was. Pete and the girls LOVED this and would have done it 10 more times. Next time I'm doing it too. Little ones have to be 8 years old to participate, but Emmy still loved watching and learning from everything the instructor was saying.
4. Make s'mores. Every night while we were there from eight to nine pm, there was a full s'more bar. The bar featured homemade specialty marshmallows and classics too with everything you need to make a delicious s'more. There is also hot chocolate to enjoy around the fire and to take back to your room.
5. Have Fun In Paintbox! Paintbox is the Montage Deer Valley's exclusive children’s program, entertains guests ages 5 to 12 with a happy mix of games, crafts, movies and engaging activities. Outside play includes active choices like showshoeing or mountainside scavenger hunts that bring budding explorers closer to the wonders of the wild.
6. Play Lawn Games. Checkers, Frisbee, horseshoes, shuffleboard and more!
7. Take Family Pictures. There were so many breathtaking places to take pictures. We took a lot of pictures of the girls and some of us as a family. This view was something that we will remember forever thanks to these pictures.
8. Ride The Chair Lift. When Pete, Ashley and Emmy went on their hike they walked up for three miles and then took the chairlift back down. If hiking isn't your thing, you can ride the chair life up and back down. It's so peaceful and the views are amazing!
9. Relax In The Great Room (and play pool) with in front of the forever views! There is a full bar off to the side and ample chairs to relax on.
10. Enjoy A Delicious Meal. The Montage has multiple, world class dining options. From sushi to burgers and a refreshing coffee bar. You need never leave the resort to please your taste buds.
11. Go Mountain Biking. This is one of the most biking friendly communities I have ever been to. Montage offers mountain bike rentals and there are trails everywhere.
12. Play Ping-Pong. Inside the sports shop are ping-pong tables. If it gets too warm inside stop on by and play a game or two.
13. Visit Main Street, Park City. It's a short 10 minute ride down the hill to Park City. There is so much to do that I have a whole post in the works to share it all. From a really special museum to luxury shopping, Main Street will keep you busy and entertained for days! The resort offers a shuttle around the clock.
14. Take In The Great Outdoors From Your Balcony. Grab a snack and a drink and just relax on your balcony. We enjoyed our balcony each evening. One night we even baked a pizza in the oven in our room (we had a full kitchen) and ate it on the balcony. The first night we were at the resort a moose even visited us right off our balcony.
15. Meet Monty The Bernese Mountain Dog and Montage Deer Valley Ambassador. He's adorable and Emmy has been asking us for another dog since she met him.
16. Camp Compass. ”Camp Compass” features 30 recreational activities on property, from archery lessons and disc golf on the Grand Lawn to croquet and bocce ball on the Mountain Lawn and water games on the Alpine Pool Deck. At Montage Deer Valley, the warmer months beckon all to linger outdoors. You can even stargaze with one of their Celestron Sky Scouts.
17. Have A Blanket Picnic- This was on our list and we ran out of time to do it. I haven't had a picnic in years and my next one is going to be here. We are already planning a return visit. The resort has everything you need from food to supplies to have an amazing picnic!
18. Challenge Each Other Over A Game Of Bowling. Montage has a four-lane regulation bowling alley! The bowling lanes are located inside Daly’s Pub & Rec on the 3rd floor of the resort and bowling shoes are available at the counter. The fresh menu at Daly’s Pub, including pretzel fondue, wood-fired pizza and locally brewed beers and root beer add to the festive ambiance.