Tips For The First 100 Days Of Motherhood
If you haven't noticed, I have major baby fever lately. I have so many friends having a baby, or that just had one, so babies are constantly on my mind. Hopefully this won't scare Pete too much to hear, but just in case it does… I plan to be a great babysitter to all these babies, but we won't be having another one of our own. Three is the perfect number for us. Thank you to partner Babies”R”us for sponsoring this post.
All of this baby talk has me thinking back to those first 100 days after I first became a mom. It wasn't the easiest time of my life, but it was one of the most special. I remember being wheeled out the door of the hospital with Maddie in her carrier and thinking “are they really letting us take her home”? It was so exciting and terrifying all at once.
I quickly learned some tips that really helped to make those first 100 days easier and more memorable.
Here are my favorites:
- Take shifts when it comes to taking care of the baby at night. We split the night in half so that both of us got some good long(-ish) stretches of sleep. I'm a night owl so I took the first shift and my husband gets up early in the morning, so he took the second shift early in the morning. Having more energy from better sleep means more memory making moments with your new baby.
- Pampers Wipes aren't just for changing diapers. Carry them with you for spit-ups, spilled bottles, and more. If a baby can make the mess, Pampers wipes can clean them up.
- Accept help. People want to help so let them. If they want to bring over dinner say yes! If you don't have to cook dinner you will have more time to spend with your baby.
Another great tip is to consolidate your shopping. Make a list and head out to one store that has everything for you and your new baby. For both pre-natal and post-natal moms, Babies”R”Us offers everything you need to ensure you are completely stocked with the best products for your First 100 Days. From Pampers to playpens, skincare to strollers, Babies”R”Us has the variety and expertise to give you the confidence of an experienced mom right from the start.
Babies“R”Us has some great in-store offers happening in March, including:
- $8 off Pampers Value Box (offer valid 3/1-3/31) and 2 FOR $12 PAMPERS 3X WIPES REG 7.39 (offer valid 3/1-3/31), This is a great time to stock up for your own family or buy some gifts for the new mom in your life.
I can't help but also reminise about Maddie's first Easter. This time of year always brings back those memories. I had so much fun dressing her up in the cutest Easter dress that year. She was too young to look for Easter eggs, but I still got some adorable pictures of her! Babies“R”Us has some sweet Easter apparel available too! Plus, Easter apparel is on sale throughout the month of March at Babies“R”Us with these great offers!
- 25% off selected Koala Baby & Koala Kids clothing (offer valid 3/1-3/31) and ALL Koala Kids Easter themed clothing and accessories for girls and boys 0-18 months is on sale (offer valid 3/1-3/31)
Babies“R”Us is here to celebrate all your milestones and offers the best solutions you need for all your celebrations! That’s why all Babies“R”Us stores across the country are hosting a “Baby’s First Easter” event on March 19th at 11am-12pm. Bring your baby in a cute Easter outfit and enjoy activities, giveaways and photo-ops, too! Activities include story time, learning how to build the perfect Easter basket for your baby, some photo-prop fun, and making your own Easter keepsake with baby to bring home. Enjoy your time meeting with other parents and their babies, and have the chance to win fun raffles throughout the event.
You can also join Babies“R”Us for a fun Twitter party on March 15 at 2pm ET using the hashtag #BRUEaster. They will be talking about all the fun ways we plan on celebrating Easter with our little ones! There will be great prizes too!
Looking for more Tips and Tricks for your First 100 Days with Baby? Awesome, check out this Babies”R”Us Pinterest Board.
What's your favorite tip for new moms?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Babies “R” Us/P&G/Pampers. The opinions and text are all mine.