11 Things You Must Experience At Disneyland Resorts During The Diamond Celebration
There are so many things to see, do and eat during the Disneyland 60th Anniversary Diamond Celebration that I want to share with you all! I'm starting today with an overview of eleven things you must experience during the Diamond Celebration. Special thanks to Disney for inviting me to attend the Diamond Celebration media event to facilitate the following series of posts. All opinions as always are my own.
The Diamond Celebration fun all started on May 22nd and invites resort guests to experience the dawning of a new era of Disney magic while enjoying the memory-making magic that has always been at the heart of a Disneyland Resort visit.
Now, more than ever, Disneyland Resort is the place where dreams come true.
1. “Paint the Night – All-New Electrical Parade” – When the lights go down in Disneyland, the Diamond Celebration illuminates the park with a brilliant, new parade. The luminescent parade creates a river of color flowing down Main Street, U.S.A., with an array of Disney characters and more than 1.5 million brilliant LED lights that flash and glow as Mickey Mouse uses his vivid imagination to “Paint the Night.” With dazzling special effects, unforgettable music, energetic performances, fun surprises and spectacular floats, “Paint the Night” is more vibrant than any parade in 60 years at the Disneyland Resort. Even the choreography glows, as parade performers light up with their props and costumes.
Tinker Bell leads the procession in a magical, musical overture, closely followed by a float reminiscent of the giant bass drum that led the classic “Main Street Electrical Parade.” Lightning McQueen races in with his buddy Mack Truck, who makes a hefty impression at 54-feet long, covered from headlights to tail pipe in a gleaming light. Anna and Elsa from “Frozen” glide through the night in a shimmering palace of ice and snow.
Guests also will be delighted to see Cinderella, Rapunzel and beloved characters from tales such a “Monsters, Inc.,” “The Little Mermaid,” “Beauty and the Beast” and “Toy Story,” with Mickey and his pals creating a breathtaking grand finale.
This parade had me smiling and tearing up at the same time! Every float was glorious. Of course, one of our family favorites was Anna and Elsa on their Frozen castle. You don't want to miss this spectacular parade. The lights are just beautiful and you and your children will walk away having experienced something magical.
Photo Credit Disney
2. “Disneyland Forever,” presented by Honda – The dazzling new fireworks spectacular “Disneyland Forever” is a street-to-sky, immersive experience like nothing seen before at the Disneyland Resort. Guests will be surrounded by the worlds of timeless Disney tales, from the tips of their toes to the sky high above, thanks to the largest installation of projection mapping technology in a Disney park and surprising special effects. One minute they will be standing on Main Street, U.S.A., and the next they could be stampeding across Simba’s Pride Lands, dancing with King Louie from “The Jungle Book,” traveling “Under the Sea” with the Little Mermaid, flying over London with Peter Pan, dripping in honey with Pooh in a whimsical dream of heffalumps and woozles, or shivering as Queen Elsa brings a glimmering blanket of snow over Disneyland.
For the first time in Disneyland fireworks history, Nemo from the Disney Pixar animated film “Finding Nemo,” will “just keep swimming” in the skies above the Sleeping Beauty Castle, as the Matterhorn is transformed into the fiery peak of Mt. Wannahockaloogie, a special monument from that find. Two original songs enrich the show: the “Disneyland Forever” theme “Live the Magic,” and the inspiring closing song “A Kiss Goodnight,” written by another Disney Legend, Richard M. Sherman, and sung by Ashley Brown, star of the Broadway production of “Mary Poppins.” The “stage” for “Disneyland Forever” fireworks will extend from the sky above to the buildings of Main Street, U.S.A., the facade of “it's a small world,” the Matterhorn and mist screens along the Rivers of America, with specially designed digital projections offering guests new experiences at each location.
The fireworks are one of our favorite experiences at Disneyland. With all of the new and exciting features of this fireworks show you will not want to miss it! Experience this amazing fireworks show anew every time you come by standing in a different section of the park. It will take your breath away every single time!
My favorite place to stand and watch the fireworks is at the end of Main Street USA towards the castle. When you stand there you can see the lights on Main Street USA and the fireworks over the castle.
3. “World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney” – Award-winning actor Neil Patrick Harris will join Mickey Mouse on a magical water canvas to entertain guests in this fun-filled new presentation of the popular, nighttime “World of Color” spectacular in Disney California Adventure. Both epic and intimate in scope, “World of Color – Celebrate!” brings to life the remarkable story of Walt and The Happiest Place on Earth with animated imagery, live-action film, fountains, lasers, special effects and a stirring musical score. Guests will take an inspirational journey through the unparalleled imagination of Walt Disney, exploring his decades-long legacy of memorable animated moments around the world and the dream of Disneyland Park. “World of Color – Celebrate!” reminds guests that, if they never give up on their dreams, anything is possible.
We were all mesmerized by this magical production. My daughter sat on my husbands shoulders and beamed with happiness! You don't want to miss this beautiful celebration of Disneyland Parks.
4. Disneyland Diamond Days** – an exciting text-in-for-a-chance-to-win sweepstakes – will award daily and weekly prizes as part of the Diamond Celebration. Weekly prizes include a one-carat, authentic diamond, custom engraved for Disney, paired with a stay in the Disneyland Dream suite; a clear, crystal Cinderella slipper, with a diamond-and-topaz pendant, and private experiences in the park such as a party in Fantasyland or a romantic cruise aboard the Mark Twain Riverboat. The available prize will vary each week.
Daily prizes also will be awarded during the Diamond Celebration, and each daily prize package for that day includes an individualized tour of the parks with dining, preferred access to select attractions, and VIP viewing at some of the dazzling, new nighttime spectaculars.
Daily prize winners must be present on the Disneyland Resort premises at the time of entry and at the time of prize redemption in order to be able to enjoy these special experiences and theme park admission is not necessary to enter or win the sweepstakes. Further details may be found at Disneyland.com/Diamond Days.
I am so excited about all of these opportunities for you to win the experience of a lifetime at Disneyland's Diamond Celebration! Be sure to visit Disney's Website to enter daily and weekly to win!
5. The Food! Oh. My. Goodness! Disneyland always has amazing treats and dining to select from, but this celebration is taking Disney treats to a whole new level. Restaurants and food carts in Disneyland and Disney California Adventure offer new drinks and cupcakes specially created for the Diamond Celebration. Later this summer, drinks will be available in “Made with Magic” sippers which light up to accompany the new after-dark shows. – You can see more of these fabulous treats and souvenirs here. I hope you will try several treats while you are at Disneyland!
Photo Credit Disney
6. The Hatbox Ghost reappearing! This Haunted Mansion icon appeared in 1969. His time at the Haunted Mansion was brief, but Disney has brought him “back from the dead” to thrill you and scare you once again!
7. The after-dark “Mad T Party” returns to Disney California Adventure as a dazzling new “Diamond Mad T Party,” featuring sparkling new decor, interactive fun, dancing and delectable food and drink. This party is a party you don't want to miss! The music, colors, and dancing make you want to join in and dance along. We were delighted with the food and drinks and the “Mad T Party” once again makes the list for a family favorite!
8. The merchandise! More than 500 special merchandise items have been created for the Diamond Celebration, including apparel, accessories, art, collectibles, headwear, home décor, jewelry, pins, souvenirs, toys and more. They can be found at shops throughout Disneyland Resort, including Disney Showcase and Main Street Emporium in Disneyland, Elias & Co. in Disney California Adventure, World of Disney in the Downtown Disney District and more.
If you are a Diamond-loving-girl like me, you will be glistening with excitement with all of the beautiful jewels and bedazzled items. Take time to walk the beautiful shops and be sure to pick up a souvenir to remember your magical time at the Disney 60th Diamond Celebration.
Photo Credit Disney
9. The Matterhorn Bobsleds will reopen in May 2015 with new special effects and a new look for the mountain's Abominable Snowman. This classic attraction opened at Disneyland park in 1959 and is one of several attractions receiving “new magic” in 2015
I have usually been the chicken when it comes to fast and thrilling rides, but I HAD to go on the Matterhorn Bobsleds and experience for myself the new special effects. It was worth every thrilling moment! The special effects were amazing and I screamed the whole time!
10. Sleeping Beauty's Castle has beed bedazzled with Diamonds! Thousands of diamonds and crystals have been hand placed onto Sleeping Beauty's Castle by artisans. During the day the castle just sparkles. At night, the castle comes alive with thousands of twinkle lights which makes this amazing castle even more magical. You could say Sleeping Beauty's Castle has been DIAMONDIZED!
11. The cast members! The Cast Members of Disneyland have always been a part of the magic. But during the Diamond Celebration everyone seems to have more sparkle and excitement. Mickey Mouse and some of his friends have dressed up for the celebration in sparkling, new Diamond Celebration costumes, and even the resort cast members, who help make the magic for every guest, have a bit of extra sparkle in their Diamond Celebration name tags.
The new special costumes and sparkling additions are wondering surprises of fun!
I very much hope that you and your family will be able to visit Disneyland Resorts during The Diamond Celebration. It is truly a wonder to experience and magical as always!
What are you most excited to experience during Disneyland Resorts Diamond Celebration?