This post contains affiliate links. We may earn compensation when you click on the links at no additional cost to you.
Today only, Kinsa will be launching a pre-sales campaign for their new Smart Ear Thermometer! For the first 24 hours, the Smart Ear Thermometer will be sold for $30, and for the remaining month of September, will be as low as $40 for one thermometer. Retail price of the thermometer when it hits shelves in Oct/Nov will be $59.99. This is a sponsored post partnership to share our excitement over their new thermometer!
Yesterday was just like any other day until Emmy said she had a headache.
When your child says they don’t feel good, it’s one of the hardest parenting times. My stomach drops and my full attention goes to thinking of ways to help them feel more comfortable and get better asap. Thankfully it doesn’t seem to be anything beyond allergies from the change in the weather… but it was nice to know that I have some ways to help her feel better when she’s not feeling her best.
That’s when I rely on my bag of tricks… tools to make my babies feel better!
Here are my favorite tips to help children feel better when they are sick.
- Cool wash cloths are the hero of the story. They always magically help. When it’s really hot out we put them in the freezer for a couple minutes so they are extra cool. And be sure to flip them over often.
- A good friend (that can easily be thrown in the washing machine if it gets dirty) to hug always helps. We give them a stuffed animal to cuddle with and hang out with whenever they aren’t feeling well.
- Lots of fluid. I know that everyone says this, but it’s one of the most important ways to feel better. Being dehydrated is dangerous and makes you feel even worse. We let them pick the fluid because we know how important it is to get them to drink it.
- 4. Have both heavy and light blankets right next to each other. So often they are either hot or cold and it is nice to have each one at arms length.
- Keep pain relievers/fever reducers and a Kinsa on hand. Keeping track of their symptoms while they are sick should be the last of our concerns… and Kinsa takes care of that part so we can take care of our kiddos.
We have and use the original Kinsa (and we love it!), and we are super excited for the new Kinsa Smart Ear Thermometer!
- Instant, 1 second temperature readings
- Comfortable to hold and use on a sleeping baby or squirmy toddler
- Easy to use 1-button switch, easy to read screen display with icons
- Can be used on its own, or with the Kinsa app. The Kinsa app works with the thermometer wirelessly via Bluetooth
- Remembers for you – the Kinsa app records fever, symptoms, medications, notes for each child on your phone so you don’t have to. Keep track for yourself, another caregiver, or doctor.
- Guidance – in-app knowledge from medical experts, including Mayo Clinic, guides parents on when to take extra precaution or head straight to a doctor
- Accounts – Any parent or caregiver can see a child’s history and symptoms on their separate phones
- Shows common illnesses circulating nearby through Kinsa’s Groups feature.
Kinsa is launching a pre-sales campaign for our new Smart Ear Thermometer today!
Head on over to the Kinsa Indiegogo page to get your new Kinsa for 50% off today only… tomorrow and through the rest of September, it will be $40!
Even thermometers are smarter these days! 🙂 Sounds like an awesome product. 🙂
My favorite way to make my son feel better is to rub his feet. He likes that when he’s sick, or to tickle his back until he falls asleep.
Awww, that’s so sweet! I think each child probably has special things that make them feel comforted.
I bet that is really helpful when your child is sick. Nobody likes to see a child not feeling well.
We NEED this! We have an ear thermometer and it’s just not accurate.
This is a very helpful products when you’re kids was sick,
We really need a new thermometer! It seems non of ours work accurately enough! I love the little one that plugs into the phone!
I’m loving this thermometer! I definitely need one. In the middle of the night, I’m not the most reliable so it’d be great to have all the info right there.
This is a great thermometer. We always have one here at home especially now that the kids are back to school. They seem to get sick right around those times.
I hate when my babies are sick. I always keep pain relievers on hand and I have a bunch of thermometers. I would love to have a new ear thermometer though. I’ll have to check this one out.
Our son just recovered from a cold last week. I am so glad he’s A-OK now. I am always worried sick when he’s sick. That thermometer is sleek, by the way. Would love to have one.
Ear thermometers are definitely the way to go with little ones. I was so happy when they came out. The cool washcloth is also a great idea. So soothing.
This is just about the coolest thing ever. My husband works in the medical field and he’s a lover of tech stuff. He is going to want this for sure.
Thank you for the tips for when kids are sick. The Kinsa sounds like a cool. Thanks for sharing about the deal.
The Kinsa sounds really great. Some great tips here to help the kiddos feel better when sick.
I love this! The Kinsa looks like something I need and your tips are great coming into this season when kids bring every little germ home from school!
We always for cool washcloths, lots of fluids and never forget the hugs! This looks like a great deal, we’ve always struggled with the old fashion thermometers.
I love this idea of a smart in ear thermometer! Technology is awesome, and its especially awesome when it comes to healthcare and medicine. Great tips, too!
This is a pretty neat thermometer.. I hate when my kids are sick. I would rather be sick myself so any thing I can do to make them feel better when they are sick is helpful.
I MUST tell my sister about this! She needs this so bad. Great review thanks for sharing!!!
These are such great tips! When they are sick, it’s sometimes more important to make them feel better even if it takes time for the body to catch up.
This is a really cool thermometer. Now that kids are back in school, I’m sure I’ll be putting these tips into practice.
This looks like an awesome product. Thanks for sharing these tips and the product review!
This really is a smart thermometer, isn’t it? Technology has brought the simplest things so far. I know my kids would get a kick out of this and not fight against taking their temps with this.
These are some great tips! And that Kinsa looks awesome. What a great way to take temperatures so you can keep track of your child’s temperatures.
Isn’t technology just the greatest! What a neat way to keep track of your sick kiddos’ temperature.
Thanks for the great tips. This looks like a great thermometer.
Comments are closed.