The Mom’s Back To School Challenge
Disclosure: I’m proud to be working with CVS Pharmacy to help spread the word about how to #FindYourHealthy. All opinions expressed are my own, and all product claims or program details shared should be verified at CVS.com or with the appropriate manufacturers.
Back to school time is the perfect time to commit to taking better care of ourselves and my Mom's Back To School Challenge will help you do just that. I challenge you to put these tips into play. Remember…..a healthy and happy mom makes for a happy and healthy family!
1. Go for a walk. Use the time when the kids are in school every day to go for a walk. Don't let anything stop you. For me, I've skipped days if my allergies were acting up. I'm not letting that stop me anymore with a proactive approach but keeping medication on hand.
2. Read a book for 30 minutes. When was the last time you read a good book? I love to read, and I spend a lot of time reading each day, but it is rarely a book. Books are stress relievers and fun. Keep one in your purse or downloaded on your phone so that you can get some reading in no matter where you are.
3. Take care of yourself. I know that this is said all the time, and comes with very broad instructions, but start with what you can easily control. Set up a regular schedule to take any vitamins or supplements you need. I buy mine at CVS and I have my favorites so that I don't have to search each time I go shopping. That saves me time and money.
4. Prepare healthy food for yourself. We all are thinking of good food options for our families this time of year, but we often forget ourselves. We need to make healthy food options for ourselves a priority too. Ashley has recently got me hooked on this oatmeal with a scoop of peanut butter on the side for breakfast. It is easy to prepare in minutes and is delicious.
5. Reward yourself for keeping it all together instead of stressing about the little things. This is a big one for me. In the past, I have focused on the little things that were not perfect in my life instead of all the victories. I've changed that and found little ways to treat myself for all the ways that I take care of myself and my family. My favorite way right now is with these delicious dark chocolate covered almonds.
6. Use shortcuts. I can't stress this enough. Challenge yourself to use easy shortcuts to make more time for the important things in life, like family and fun. I am in love with the CVS Pharmacy ExtraCare program and I have been for years. I love saving money, but I don't have the time to clip coupons or dedicate myself to complicated store card programs. With ExtraCare, shoppers can save and earn rewards on nearly everything they buy – from household goods, to beauty products, to gifts for family and friends.
When I scan my ExtraCare card, I get ExtraSavings™ personalized coupons, weekly circular deals, and automatic discounts when I shop at CVS Pharmacies.
ExtraSavings™ include money-saving offers delivered on register receipts, at the in-store ExtraCare Coupon Centers, and delivered via email and the CVS Pharmacy app, as well as sale prices for simply using an ExtraCare card during each visit. ExtraBucks® Rewards: ExtraBucks® Rewards are like “free CVS money” that can be used on most things at CVS Pharmacy.* Unlike other confusing points-based loyalty programs, ExtraBucks® Rewards were designed to make it easy for cardholders to redeem their rewards by spending them on nearly anything they want throughout the store. I also earn 2% back on nearly all purchases I make throughout the store.