This post contains affiliate links. We may earn compensation when you click on the links at no additional cost to you.
I have a HUGE weakness for soft pretzels. Sometimes I want to go to the mall just to have them. But then once I have them there I’m a bit disappointed. What I really want are the ones that you can get in a street cart. But they don’t have those around here so I’m left dreaming.
But not anymore! These pretzels are the real deal… and really easy to make too! I would have made them a lot sooner if I had known how easy homemade pretzels are to make!
- 1 1/2 cups of water (as warm as you can get it without being too hot)
- 1 packet active yeast
- 1 1/2 tbs. sugar
- 4 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 3/4 cup baking soda
- Sea salt for topping
- Add yeast, water, and sugar to a large bowl. Stir until combined and let sit till bubbly.
- Add flour and salt and stir till combined. If it’s still too sticky add more flour a tablespoon at a time.
- Knead for seven minutes.
- Roll out dough into thin strips and then cut it into chunks.
- Boil 12 cups of water and baking soda in a large pot. Slowly add 5 pieces of dough into the water for 45 seconds.
- Remove from water and drain as much water as possible and place on a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Spray all of the dough with olive oil and sprinkle salt on top.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes in a preheated oven at 425 degrees.
What do you like to dip your pretzels in?