This post contains affiliate links. We may earn compensation when you click on the links at no additional cost to you.
Just in time for New Year’s Eve I’m sharing a family favorite for those over 21! This is the best spiked hot apple cider I’ve ever had. Once it gets cold here in San Diego I start to crave it… but I don’t normally make it for the first time till Christmas Eve! It starts off as a kid friendly crock pot apple cider and then we spike it for the adults right before it’s served! Warms your soul and your body…
- 1 large bottle of apple cider. My favorite is Trader Joes
- 3 cinnamon sticks plus more for garnish
- Ground cinnamon for garnish
- Whipped cream
- Apricot Flavored Brandy
- Pour the apple cider into your crock pot and add the three cinnamon sticks. Heat on low for at least 3 hours.
- Full your favorite mug with the apple cider from the crock pot.
- Add a cap full to a shot glass full of apricot flavored brandy to your mug. I add just enough to get that brandy flavor!
- Swirl a generous amount of whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon. Add a cinnamon stick and serve immediately.