This post contains affiliate links. We may earn compensation when you click on the links at no additional cost to you.
Looking for the absolute best Summer Picnic Tortellini Pasta Salad from It’s a Lovely Life!? You have found it. Included are both vegan and traditional ingredient lists with our famous secret dressing. Perfect for summertime or really, anytime!
Here is your favorite Summer Picnic Tortellini Pasta Salad from It’s a Lovely Life!
Here are the ingredients for the best Summer Picnic Tortellini Pasta Salad:
- 1 lb. Tortellini Pasta cooked & drained. Do not overcook the pasta. (For vegan- Kite Hill makes a VERY good “cheese” tortellini)
- 16 oz. can of Black Olives- sliced in half
- small Onion- finely sliced
- 1 cup of Cherry or Grape Tomatoes- sliced in half
- 1/4 cup diced Peperoncini or Yellow Peppers
- 1/3 cup diced Salami (Renegade Foods makes a vegan salami)
- 1/4 cup diced Pepperoni (Yves makes a vegan pepperoni)
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Peperoncini juice, (liquid from the jar of peperoncini’s or yellow peppers)
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh Basil for garnish
- Toss all the salad ingredients into a large bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together sugar, garlic powder, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, balsamic vinegar, & pepperoncini juice. Slowly pour in olive oil whisking as you pour. When the dressing is combined, pour over pasta salad and toss.
- Refrigerate and serve cold.