The sun is out and shining and it is Picnic Season! There is something just wonderful and refreshing about eating outside and enjoying the air and the sunshine. Whether you pack everything up and go to the beach or you just sit on the deck in the backyard, simple picnics can be highlights of the summer.
Try this delicious and easy Tortellini Pasta Salad at your next picnic. This salad comes together quick and is perfect as a side for hamburgers on the grill, BBQ Chicken, or by itself!
This salad has a few everyone's favorites… Olives, peppers, tomatoes, pasta, 2 different types of meat and a light, tasty dressing.
- 1 lb. Tortellini Pasta (cooked & drained)
- 1 16 oz. can Black Olives, slice olives in half
- 1 small Onion, finely sliced
- 1 cup of Cherry or Grape Tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup diced Peperoncini or Yellow Peppers
- 1/3 cup diced Salami
- 1/4 cup diced Pepperoni
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Peperoncini juice, (liquid from the jar of yellow peppers)
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- **Fresh Basil for garnish
- Toss ingredients for salad in large bowl. In a small mixing bowl whisk together sugar, garlic powder salt, pepper, italian seasoning, balsamic vinegar, & peperoncini juice. Slowly pour in olive oil whisking as you pour. When dressing is combined, pour over pasta salad and toss.
- Refrigerate and serve cold.
Where is your favorite place to Picnic?