This post contains affiliate links. We may earn compensation when you click on the links at no additional cost to you.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of OFF!®. The opinions and text are all mine
I think it’s a mom thing. You bring home a baby and you suddenly start to think about things differently.
Long gone are the days where you just grab your purse and head out the door with the ease. Now everything is well thought out, but even more fun! As we travel more and take more adventures, I’ve perfected quite the collection of things that I always have with me. From hand sanitizer, to snacks and sunblock, I am always prepared.
It’s part of the mom code, and I take it seriously. Something that I just started adding to my collection of must haves is OFF! Deep Woods® Insect Repellent, because I’m a mom who is always “on” when it comes to taking care of my family.
Sunset is one of my favorite times of the day, but I’ve noticed that bugs seem to love me personally more at that time of the day, and they love the rest of the family during the day. So, during our last trip to Arizona I made sure that I had plenty of OFF! Deep Woods® insect repellents with us. They have an effective active ingredient DEET, which is found in many personal repellent formulas. It is a nearly colorless liquid with a faint characteristic odor. DEET has been studied extensively and is among the most widely used active ingredients in personal repellents. It is registered by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency as an active ingredient in personal repellents and is approved for direct application to the skin when used according to label instructions.
Many insects, including adult female mosquitoes, are attracted to people by the odor of the carbon dioxide (CO2) gas that they exhale. The OFF! Deep Woods®active ingredients affect the scent receptors in biting insects, making it difficult for them to recognize humans as a source of food. I must have some really good smelling CO2 lately because over the past year I had been a buffet for biting insects until I started using OFF! Deep Woods® Insect Repellent VIII (Dry). I love how it goes on dry, not oily or greasy so I don’t even know I’m wearing it and yet it still keeps bugs away!
Then there was our three week trip to Florida in May. I brought OFF! Deep Woods® products with us there too! I learned quickly in Florida how important personal repellents are in the first line of defense against mosquitoes. The World Health Organization and the CDC have declared DEET effective in repelling mosquitoes, including the Aedes aegypti mosquito, which may carry the Zika virus, dengue fever virus and chikungunya. DEET is the active ingredient found in my favorite OFF! Deep Woods®, OFF!® FamilyCare and OFF! Active® product lines.Because being a mom and taking care of my family is so important to me, I was happy to know that OFF!® is supported by 60 years of pest expertise through the SC Johnson Entomology Research Center, the world’s largest private urban entomology research center.
By following tips and tricks from the experts at OFF!®, I’m going to make sure my family is protected from mosquito bites this summer.
Here is some really important information about forming the First Line of Defense, applying OFF!® Personal Repellent…
- Protect Yourself: Mosquitoes don’t just bite at dawn and dusk. To get the most out of all outdoor activities, be sure to apply OFF!® DEET-based personal mosquito repellent across all the exposed body parts.
- Protect Your Children: Some DEET-based personal repellents can be used on children over six months. Do not allow children to handle repellents. Apply personal repellent on your own hands first before putting it on a child.
- Follow Label Instructions: For information about how to apply and use personal repellent, follow label instructions.
- Mind Contact with Water: Reapply personal repellent following contact with water or excessive sweating.
Here are some other helpful steps to protect yourself and your home:
- Dress to Deflect: Mosquitoes care what you wear, so dress in lightweight, light-colored fabrics and cover up by wearing long sleeves, pants and socks.
- Remove Mosquito-Breeding Habitats: Eliminate standing water around your home where certain species of mosquitoes can breed. Dump collected water at least twice a week.
- Protect the Inside of Your Home: Cover any gaps in windows or doors and make sure screens on windows and doors are working properly, or are patched.
Wherever your adventure takes you, be sure to keep OFF!® insect repellent on hand! You can find more information about mosquito-fighting solutions from OFF!® by visiting their website, Facebook and Instragram.
How are you protecting your family from biting insects this summer?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of OFF!. The opinions and text are all mine.