This post contains affiliate links. We may earn compensation when you click on the links at no additional cost to you.
These cookies could also be called chocolate bombs because they are loaded with a deep chocolate flavor that will make any chocolate fan smile. The powdered sugar is for show but also gives the cookies a little extra sweetness because they are more chocolatey than sweet. They are perfect with a big mug of coffee or milk.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 stick salted butter softened to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of red food dye or enough to make them red enough to your liking.
- Set aside the powdered sugar in a small bowl.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until it’s all combined.
- Scoop a tablespoon of dough into the powder sugar bowl and flip it over until it’s all covered in powder sugar.
- Roll in your hands into a ball. Be warned, make sure the dough is covered in powdered sugar before you handle it or your hands will turn red from the dye. Ask me how I know…
- Place on a greased sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Watch them carefully and remove them once they are firm and cracked.