Refreshing Citrus Flavored Water
The biggest question I get about nutrition is “Do I really need to drink water every single day?” and the short answer is “Absolutely!”
Water is great for our hair, nails and of course, vital if you are trying to lose weight or tone up. But if you don't like the taste, you're certainly not going to drink it and that's not going to benefit you, now is it? So, to help with the blah of water, here are a few ideas to kick it up a notch.
Make Citrus Water
You will need:
- A Pitcher (2 qt size is perfect)
- Water (filtered or straight from the tap)
- Ice (enough to fill the pitcher after you add the fruit)
- Citrus Fruit (oranges, lemons and limes work great together)
Things to remember:
- Be sure to wash your fruit well before you slice it.
- Slice the fruit into rounds and drop them in the bottom of a pitcher.
- Use a stiff, long handled spoon to crush the fruit slightly at the bottom of the pitcher releasing some of the fruit juice.
- Add ice on top of the fruit.
- Fill the pitcher with water.
- Let it sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes to let the flavors meld together. You can leave the fruit in or, at this point, take it out and discard it. This water is good for up to 24 hours!
I have some amazing friends who have created their own versions of flavored water, and I thought I'd include some of their ideas too! You can totally get creative with your flavor choices.
- Strawberries and Kiwis
- Cucumbers and Lemon
- Raspberries and Lemon
- Strawberries and Lemon
- Raspberry and Lime
The options are really only limited by your imagination! The best thing? One 2 quart pitcher will put you pretty close to your recommended daily intake of water!
Are you excited to try a flavored infused water recipe? What were some of your favorites to try? Did you create one not on the list? Share it with us!
Thank you to our newest healthy living contributor for this post!