This post contains affiliate links. We may earn compensation when you click on the links at no additional cost to you.
I love holiday baking! Making holiday cookies might be one of my favorite parts of Christmas… I love to make cookies so much that each year I bring some homemade cookies to friends and family right after Thanksgiving for them to enjoy as they decorate their homes for Christmas!
These peanut butter cookie sandwiches are fun to make and are always a huge hit!
You all know me… I like easy recipes and this one is easy… you just have to make the cookies, and the frosting and then drizzle the chocolate! Perfection!
Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches
Makes 16 very big cookie sandwiches.
Ingredients For Cookies:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
Directions for cookies:
- Mix all wet ingredients.
- Add all of the dry ingredients.
- Mix until it’s all combined… don’t over mix.
- Spoon onto a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Ingredients for Frosting:
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 5 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 1/4 cup of evaporated milk
Directions for Frosting:
- Beat butter on medium speed.
- Add vanilla extract, evaporated milk and peanut butter and continue beating.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and continue beating until it’s fluffy.
Ingredients for Chocolate Drizzle:
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 2 tbs. of evaporated milk
Directions for Chocolate Drizzle:
- Heat milk and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl for 15 seconds and stir. Repeat till the chocolate is melted.
- With a spoon, drizzle on top of the top cookie.
- Let them cool.
Directions to put the cookie sandwiches together:
- Pipe frosting onto one cookie and cover frosted cookie with a cookie that has the chocolate drizzle on top.
These cookies will be hand-delivered to friends to kick off the Christmas season! I like to put a couple in some plastic wrap with a huge bow on top and drop them off right after Thanksgiving so that they can be enjoyed as my friends and family are decorating their homes for the holidays.
After my daughters saw these all put together, they have also decided that these will be our cookies for Santa this year. We heard he LOVES peanut butter and chocolate so we are going to be making him a plate full of these!
What is your favorite holiday cookie to make when you do your holiday baking?