Last week we traveled to Pacific Grove after I attended Dad 2.0 in San Francisco. Pacific Grove is my happy place and one of the most beautiful cities in California. While we were there we tested our the LG GIZMOPAL™ that I was given to review from LG.
Do you have that one special place where you feel free and alive like nowhere else?
For me it's in Pacific Grove. PG is along the coast in Central California, about two hours south of San Francisco. It's a beach town sprinkled with beautiful Victorian Houses and my favorite Craftsman Houses too. Some of it's more “known” neighbors are Carmel-by-the-sea and Pebble Beach. It makes the perfect vacation spot and it only takes us about seven hours to get there by car, eight if you count the one stop we make for gas and pie at random family restaurants (you must always stop for pie on road trips, it's a rule).
We spend our days exploring ocean front trails.
And enjoying the local wildlife like seagulls, dolphins, sea otters and other marine animals. The Monterey Aquarium is minutes away too!
Because we are on the go the whole time and still learning our way around this beautiful area we have to take extra care to make sure that everyone has a good time… this time we brought a new tool to help us enjoy our trip… the LG GIZMOPAL™.
THE KID-FRIENDLY GIZMOPAL™ PROVIDES EASY, RELIABLE WAYS TO LOCATE YOUR CHILDREN, AND OFFERS SIMPLE TWO-WAY CALLING SO YOU CAN STAY IN TOUCH.
The LG GIZMOPAL™ is the perfect solution for kiddos in the age group where they are too young to have a cell phone, even a basic one… but they still need a way to communicate with their mom and dad. It's very easy to use and and since they wear it on their wrist they won't be forgetting it or losing it.
It took The Little One less than two minutes to figure our how to use it and Pete set it up just as quickly. Here are some notes about it:
- My favorite feature is the GPS locator. Using and app on the parents phone, you can quickly pinpoint where the GIZMOPAL (and your child) are. Total peace of mind.
- We had The Little One wear it to school to see if it was distracting and if she could totally use it on her own. At five she is pretty good with tech products and can use all of our smart phones, tablets and computers but impulse control isn't her strong point yet. She did wonderfully with the GIZMOPAL. It beeped once during class when she accidentally tapped it. She then asked her teacher “can I please step out of the class and make a phone call”? We both got a good laugh over that one. At least she listens to how Pete and I handle phone calls. Had she not tapped it that one time nobody would have even known she had it on… it totally passes the test!
- You can program more than one number into it. We had two numbers in hers. Mine and Pete's. To call me she pushed the button once and to call Pete she pushes it twice.
- The first day she had it she called us 1 million times. Slight exaggeration but she did call quite often. The novelty of it wore off once she realized it wasn't going anywhere and she could call us whenever she wanted. Expect a bunch of calls the first day.
There are so many ways that this is great for travel and everyday life.
- Perfect for play dates. I love knowing I can call and check in at anytime.
- Field Trips.
- Theme park trips.
- Playing outside with friends.
- During after school care.
- So much more…
The LG GIZMOPAL comes in both blue and pink and is currently on the Verizon network.