Our Summer Essentials
Our summer essentials is sponsored by Persil® ProCleanTM.
When we were driving through the Florida Everglades I had an ah-ha moment.
It really was more like a duh moment, but I'm still going to share it. Ready?… Florida is constantly in summer mode. Profound statement, I know. But it is true, and from the moment we flew in to Florida a couple weeks ago, I had that summer glow. Living in San Diego we don't get real winters, but we still don't live in 24/7 summer like they do out here. This trip has me so excited for summer. I also started thinking about our summer essentials that I need to get ready so that we can really enjoy this fun time of year!
I think when people think summer essentials they think about sun block and aloe vera, and those are totally important. However, there are some other summer essentials that you can compile right now that will set your summer off on the right foot from the very beginning.
Here are our summer essentials:
1. A really good beach bag. This bag is going to be put through some adventures so make sure it is strong enough to keep up and not hold you back. Also, always pick a bag much bigger than you think you will need. We always seem to pack more than we think we are going to.
2. New body board. My girls love body boarding and they seem to break down after continuous use. Be sure to check yours out and replace any of them that have been over used.
3. New reusable water bottles. Water, water, water. Make it as easy as possible to stay hydrated at the beach with a new water bottle for everyone in the family.
4. New goggles. Kids grow so quickly and having good fitting goggles will help protect their eyes and make swimming more enjoyable.
5. New beach towels. When was the last time you replaced your beach towels? 5 years ago? Get new ones to enjoy this summer.
6. New beach chairs. Are your little ones still using chairs from when they were 10 years younger and 10 years smaller? Get some new ones that fit them today instead of squishing into ones that are much too small.
7. New beach umbrellas. Make protecting your skin a priority. Buy umbrellas that provide full coverage, and be sure to bring them with you for each beach trip.
8. New rash guards. We are still pretty new to rash guards. A couple years ago we were in Turks & Caicos and Ashley developed an allergic reaction to the sun. I had never heard of that before, and although she was wearing sunblock and didn't appear sunburned, she still got enough sun to cause this really horrible reaction. It was so sad watching her have such bad nerve pain. I did some research, and learned that wearing a rash guard with sunblock under could help us avoid this in the future. So far she has worn it in Turks & Caicos (on another visit), Jamaica, San Diego, Hawaii, Florida, etc, and she hasn't had that same reaction to the sun in any of these other places. Now, she never goes out in the sun without it.
9. Storage box. Get a huge storage box and keep it in the garage. Put all of your summer essentials into it when you get back from a summer outing so that you have everything all in one place.
10. Persil ProClean laundry detergent. We discovered Persil earlier this year when it first came into the American market after becoming well known in Europe. we instantly switched because it works really well. We put it to the test on Emmy's grass and food stained clothes, and it got everything clean and left the clothes with a very clean, fresh scent. We've also been using it on our bathing suites, towels, and other summer fabrics. It's worked so well that we have added it to our summer essentials.
It is really easy to purchase Persil now too because it is available at select Target stores across the nation and to everyone online!