This post contains affiliate links. We may earn compensation when you click on the links at no additional cost to you.
I’ve joined some friends to share some of our favorite Disney inspired recipes to celebrate Disney Social Media Moms!
One of our favorite treats at Disneyland, actually at California Adventure is the Frozen themed white hot chocolate with peppermint marshmallows. The Disney one is all homemade but I took a short cut with the marshmallows and it still turned out great!
Here are the ingredients:
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/4 tsps vanilla extract
- 8 oz. white chocolate, broken into smaller chunks for easy melting
- 9 large marshmallows (divided, 6 for topping, 3 for hot chocolate)
- Peppermint extract (to taste)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Blue food coloring.
Here are the directions.
For the hot chocolate:
- Add milk, cream, vanilla and chocolate into a sauce pan and melt on low until combined.
For the marshmallows:
- Combine sugar and peppermint to make a loose paste. If you want a mild peppermint taste add a few drops of peppermint to a few drops of water and then add sugar.
- Add a couple drops of blue food coloring to sugar mixture.
- Dip marshmallows in sugar mixture.
- Add to hot chocolate.