This post may contain affiliate links and we may earn compensation when you click on the links at no additional cost to you.
Saint Patrick's Day is just around the corner. Time to bring a little luck to your kitchen with these Lucky Rainbow Cupcakes! St. Patty's Day is a fun day to celebrate with little treats. These cupcakes are a fun twist on the every day box cake mix and tub frosting.
Gel food coloring gives the cake batter the vibrant colors. You can usually find gel food coloring in the baking section or cake supplies area in your grocery store. My favorite color on these cupcakes is the green frosting. Let the kids top the frosting with their favorite rainbow sprinkles. They will go crazy over these cupcakes and feel very lucky to be able to eat them!
- 1 box White Cake Mix
- Ingredients called for cake mix (eggs, water, oil)
- Gel food coloring (red, yellow, blue, purple, green)
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Cupcake liners
- Make cake mix according to package.
- Divide cake batter into four equal parts
- Color each batter individually. Scoop into piping or zip plastic bags.
- Layer batter in cupcake liners. (be careful not to fill more than 3/4 of the way)
- Bake 18-21 minutes
- Whip green food coloring into frosting with a hand held mixer.
- Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes.
- Top with sprinkles.