How You and Your Kids Can Help Aid In The Relief Of Childhood Hunger
How You and Your Kids Can Help Aid In The Relief Of Childhood Hunger is a sponsored post partnership with Albertsons.
This is one of those things that I feel like should not be happening in 2015.
Childhood hunger in America just shouldn't be happening, but it is and we need to change that. It's also something that can be hard to talk to our kids about without scaring them, but we need to because they will be a big part of the solution.
We need to empower them to be a part of the solution.
Here are some tips to talk to your children about childhood hunger and how we can help aid in the relief of it.
- Like any difficult issue, explain it to your child at their age level. For the little ones just give them basics, while assuring them that they will always be taken care of. For the older kids, you can show them how much food costs and maybe even let it lead into a bigger discussion about income, budgets, and the cost of living in your area.
- Let them talk about their ideas to help. Let them know that they can be a part of the solution! Encourage and empower them as members of society and future leaders of our country.
- Encourage them to create their own plans to help aid in the relief of childhood hunger. Let them explore what they think would work and the challenges they would face. This would be a great conversation starter at family meetings too!
- Work together to make a difference. Plan a service project to help with childhood hunger in your own community, and also look for opportunities to help in your daily life. When we were shopping at Albertsons we saw an opportunity to get evolved. My daughters and I saw specially marked products with the “Hunger Is” tag and we purchased those, because they are giving back and helping to aid in the relieve of childhood hunger. Those kind of opportunities are some of the best to make a difference and we are always keeping our eyes open for them.
The Albertsons Safeway family of stores will be having a national “Hunger Is” campaign taking place September 1st through September 30th, 2015 to help aid in the relief of childhood hunger in America. This program is designed to raise awareness, volunteer hours, and funds that will improve health outcomes for hungry children and their families.
There are “Two Ways to Help” that you can help the Hunger Is program:
- “Donation Campaign” at register to donate where shoppers will be asked by cashiers while checking out if they would like to donate to the Hunger Is fundraiser.
- Brand Partnerships where any purchase of a participating product earns a meal.
Participating Brands/Products include: Con Agra, Marie Calender’s, Healthy Choice, Bertolli’s and PF Changs brands, Coke, Unilever, Kellogg’s, Campbell’s.
Every designated item/product purchased supports “Hunger Is”, helping connect hungry kids in our neighborhoods to healthy food.
Did you know that one in five children in America live in households without consistent access to adequate food? Albertsons Safeway as a grocery retailer wants to help aid in this initiative by helping to improve health outcomes for hungry children and their families. Every designated item supports “Hunger Is,” helping connect hungry kids in our community neighborhoods to healthy food. As a grocery retailer, they want to help support these charitable events and give back to our communities.
The “Hunger Is” campaign will be lead by the Safeway Foundation and the Entertainment Industry Foundation (EIF). They will help manage the local distribution of funds collected by store to their local food banks in the communities in which the Albertsons Safeway family of stores operates.
Remember to shop at your local Albertsons to support the Hunger Is campaign.
How do you encourage your kids to help their community?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Safeway . The opinions and text are all mine.