This post contains affiliate links. We may earn compensation when you click on the links at no additional cost to you.
Having healthy skin is important to me. Each day I take steps to take care of myself, including my skin. That’s why I have decided to partner with Dove for National Healthy Skin Month. All opinions are my own.
I love the changing seasons.
Beautiful leaf colors, cooler evenings and more cozy nights… but with that also comes the harsh, cold wind and dry skin. Dry skin is something I’m not okay with, so I’ve been taking steps to protect my skin from drying out.
Since it’s National Healthy Skin Month, I’ve been thinking of all the different ways that I keep my skin happy and healthy so that I can enjoy all the fun things the winter months bring.
It’s really important to protect your skin in colder winter months as part of your skincare routine.
There is so much happening in the next few months that I can’t let anything slow me down.
Here are some tips I’ve learned to keep my skin its best during cooler winter months:
- Take warm, not hot showers. The hotter the water, the drier your skin becomes.
- Cover up to protect your skin from the cold wind. Scarves, gloves and hats are a must!
- Drink water, lots of water. I stay away from other drinks and give my body the best hydrator, water.
- Add moisture back to the air. I keep my home from drying out by using a humidifier.
- Use a moisturizing body wash. I use Dove Deep Moisture Body Wash because it contains the brand’s gentlest cleansers and provides softer, smoother skin after just one shower. Plus, it provides the rich lather I love and the mildness my skin needs.
Did you know Dove, the #1 Dermatologist and Pediatrician recommended brand, is also the #1 brand used personally by dermatologists and pediatricians at home? It’s true! Plus, Dove Body Washes take a dual approach to healthy looking skin by repairing and maintaining skin’s protective layer during cleansing, and it’s ideal for dry skin.
You can purchase Dove Deep Moisture Body Wash at drugstores (the 22 fl. oz. bottle has a suggested retail price of $6.99).
How are you protecting your skin this winter?