How To Make An Awesome Mexican Fondue
We are not the only family that thinks of football parties and instantly thinks of cheese right?
I'm always nominated to bring the chips and dips and this year I decided to spice up our game day with these awesome individual Mexican Fondue bowls.
These are so easy to make and I was able to pick up everything I needed at our local Vons store.
Pete and I filled up a shopping basket of supplies including Old El Paso™ taco seasoning, soft tortilla shells, and red enchilada sauce. Then, we were on our way back home to put it all together.
There are two things that make this recipe extra awesome.
The Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce and Soft Tortilla Taco Boats. I couldn't have made this without both of these. I told Pete they are the secret addition along with the rest of these ingredients:
- 2 cups of Queso cheese- shredded
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese- shredded
- 1 cup of your favorite liquid. I used vegetable broth, but beer would be a great choice for the adult fondue.
- 1 can Old El Paso Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 package Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- Pico De Gallo
- 1 package Old El Paso Soft Flour Tortilla Taco Boats
- Toast the boats in the toaster oven until they are slightly brown. This is just to make them a little stronger to hold the fondue.
- Combine the liquid and the cheese in a microwave safe bowl and heat one minute at a time stirring in between until the cheese is a sauce like consistency. You can add more liquid or cheese to both thicken it and thin it out.
- Add the taco seasoning and the enchilada sauce to the cheese mixture. I put the whole package of taco seasoning in and then added about half of the enchilada sauce and then tasted it. I thought it was perfect that way, but Pete liked his with a bit more sauce.
- Pour cheese fondue into the boats and top with the Pico De Gallo.
Serve with chips, bread, veggies or anything else that sounds good to you.
The best part is that once you enjoy the majority of the fondue, you get to eat the rest and the boat at the same time!
I can't wait to make this again for our big game party. I know everyone is going to love it!
How do you celebrate the big football game?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons. The opinions and text are all mine.