This post may contain affiliate links and we may earn compensation when you click on the links at no additional cost to you.
Learn how to get traffic to your blog using 7 simple traffic building strategies. These simple strategies will drive more blog traffic in 30 days.
How do I get more website traffic and visitors to my blog?
You've started your blog and it looks great! You have your 10-20 blog posts published and you are ready for the traffic to start rolling in! You want people to start reading your blog posts, but you have no idea where to start getting people to your blog. We've been there too.
We always say that creating blog posts and nobody seeing them is like owning a sandwich shop with the absolute best sandwiches on the planet, but getting no sales because nobody knows about them. You need to get people into your shop!
It is the same with your blog. You can have the best content on the web, but if nobody knows, it doesn't matter.
First, let's talk about the two different types of website and blog traffic, organic and paid.
There is organic (free) traffic.
This is search traffic, traffic from social media and also direct traffic where people come to your site directly (either by typing in your website or linked from somewhere else).
There is also paid traffic.
This includes Facebook ads, Pinterest ads, Google ads, and paid placement on other sites, among other paid options. These can be great ways to get people to your blog, but they only make sense to use if you have a clear path to make more money then you are paying out.
The good news is that there are no limits to the ways that you can get traffic (readers) to your blog.
If you can think it, you should try it when it comes to increasing your website traffic!
Having said that, I'd love to share some tried and true ways that we use to get traffic to our blog and that you can use to increase your blog traffic and get people to read your amazing blog posts.
- Share your blog posts on social media. Even if you don't have millions of followers on different platforms, you should still be sharing your blog posts all over the internet socially. They can often show up in search engines and also on the internal search results on those platforms. Your followers on the platforms can click through to your site and even share them with others. Never discount the power of social media.
- Notify your email list. Either email out all new posts or create a newsletter that you send to your subscribers on a regular basis. Either way, be sure to include links to your latest blog posts. If you don't have an email list, you need to read Why Email Lists Are So Important For Bloggers.
- Make sure your posts are ready for the search engines to send you traffic. There is a lot to search engine optimization (SEO) and that is why we recommend signing up for SEMRush. They have a ton of free training that you have access to with your membership and have a special right now that you can get through our link for 7 days free to try their SEMRush Pro. This tool is invaluable and I can't wait for you to try it and see just how life-changing it is for SEO.
- Re-share your blog posts often. I hear from new bloggers all the time that they don't want to spam their readers with their posts. This is not something you should be concerned with at all. They are your readers because they LOVE your content and they want you to share it with them. Plus, there is so much noise on the internet that information can easily be missed or overlooked. You need to have a share schedule where you are sharing your content often.
- Share your content in niche communities on social media. Of course, you want to make sure it is within the niche community rules to do so first. Many communities, like ours on bigblogs.com have opportunities for you to share your content and get it seen by others.
If you are completely new to blogging or need a jump start to your blog traffic, you will LOVE our 10K Traffic Challenge that we run every month!
What is the 10k Traffic Challenge?
This challenge is about increasing traffic to your blog. Our goal for this challenge is to provide you the tips and tools for you to increase your traffic to over 10,000 page views a month in the very near future. For 10 straight days, we have a new lesson and task for you to work on.
To join the 10K Traffic Challenge, keep on the lookout for the announcement in our Start A Blogging Business Facebook group and make sure that you are signed up for our emails as we send one out when it is time to join.
Remember, the most important part of getting traffic is to create a formal traffic plan using all of these different ways and work it!
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND BLOGGING TIPS:
How to start your blog in less than 10 minutes!
How Starting My Blog Has Changed My Life In Ways I Couldn’t Imagine
10 Ways To Monetize A Passion-Project Blog and Why You Should
How The World Of Blogging Has Changed Over The Last Decade
4 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started My Blog, and 5 Things I’m Glad I Did
Why Email Lists Are So Important For Bloggers
How To Start A Blog - FREE 5 Day Email Course
I wrote this course to show you how easy it is to start your own blog, so you too can start an amazing business. Join now!