This post contains affiliate links. We may earn compensation when you click on the links at no additional cost to you.
My middle daughter thinks up some really fun things. This is one of my favorite ideas of hers. She asked if I could make her Hot Chocolate Cookies. Like, cookies made with hot chocolate mix and topped with marshmallows. I knew I could do it!
Now that I really think about it I can’t believe that I didn’t think about this idea first. It’s totally me. I love hot chocolate and I love cookies.
They turned out really well and tasted just like you would imagine hot chocolate would taste if you could eat it instead of drink it! Yum!
Hot Chocolate Cookies with Marshmallow Cream Frosting
Makes 18 cookies
- 2 cups of your favorite hot chocolate mix with marshmallows
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup butter softened
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Mix all the wet ingredients.
- Add in the dry ingredients and continue mixing till it’s all combined.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Watch them carefully and remove them once they are firm.
For the frosting, I played around with a bunch of ideas but in the end, I took straight marshmallow cream and spread it out over the cookies. I added shaved milk chocolate on top for a bit more texture and more chocolate flavor!
Are you done with your baking yet? I’ve still got lots more to do!