This post may contain affiliate links and we may earn compensation when you click on the links at no additional cost to you.
I love this time of year. How many times have you heard me say this over the past couple months? Maybe 10 times? I lost count! I just feel so at peace during this season. I get excited for just about everything these days. From the focus on love and friendship, comfort foods and gift giving… what isn't there to love? I'm continuing my tradition of giving really meaningful gifts this year, including five gifts that give kids a better future. Thanks to our friends at ScholarShare for sponsoring this post as part of my Ambassadorship for 2015.
Finding the perfect gift is one of the best things. When you see it and you know the recipient is going to love it… well it just doesn't get any better. When I am planning my gift purchases, I start by writing a list of what I think they will like and then I add a twist to it. I make sure that it will help them in the future.
Here are my top five gifts that give kids a better future.
1. Books. I love to give books. Books can take the reader far away, or help then enjoy where they are right now more. A basket of well picked books is one of the best gifts out there. Look for books that already interest the reader and some that stretch them beyond what they already love.
2. Experiences. I think like should be full of adventures and experiences… so why not gift one? National Park tickets, a high tea, whale watching, or a food tour in a nearby city all make awesome gifts. Kids will remember this gift and it will inspire them to be their best now, and in the future.
3. Travel. Give a child a travel adventure. Show them another part of the world that they haven't seen… or even a trip just down the road for some cultural insight different than their own. Exploring a new place is fun and can spurs a lifelong journey of discovery.
4. Lessons. Gift a child a cooking class, a dance lesson, or some music instructions. The possibilities are endless. Summer camp at your local zoo for the animal lover or a robotics camp for the child that loves to put things together can be the turning point for the next computer master mind!
5. Money for their college savings. Give them the gift of an advanced education. A gift of money into their ScholarShare account this holiday season can make a huge impact on their future. It all adds up and if you deposit money into their ScholarShare accounts regularly, you can make a big jump in their saving for college and and future income earning for many years to come. We have learned a lot about ScholarShare accounts and feel they make a great partner in savings for college.