This post contains affiliate links. We may earn compensation when you click on the links at no additional cost to you.
My daughter and I received complimentary Invisalign® treatment, but all opinions expressed are my own. Full disclosure.
The first of the year is always full of resolutions. Some we keep, some we start, and some that just sound good on paper are in our heads.
For years my resolution was to finally take the steps to have straight teeth and a smile I was proud of. It wasn’t always this way though. When I was in high school I had metal braces and right before I went off to college I had them removed. I LOVED my smile and vowed to do everything I could to keep it looking awesome.
Then those crazy college years hit. I was working, going to school, and having fun. I would forget to put my retainer on at night and then that turned into a week, a month, and before I knew it, I didn’t even know where to find my retainer.
When I moved from my apartment a couple of years later, I found it in its case at the back of the medicine cabinet. At that point, the damage was done and one of my teeth popped up high above the rest. For over a decade and a half, it would be the one thing that bothered me the most.
It took my then three-year-old to finally make me seek out help and get Invisalign treatment when she kept pointing out my “high” tooth.
If you have a less than perfect smile, you will probably relate to these five reasons why I finally got the smile of my dreams with Invisalign treatment:
- My daughter even noticed my out of sort tooth. It wasn’t just me that was bothered by it. Who else was thinking about it too? I became even more self-conscious about it.
- Treatment is pretty quick. You may change your clear aligners as quickly as once a week (at the direction of your Orthodontist) and before you know it, you have a beautiful new smile.
- It is so convenient. With Invisalign treatment you receive several aligners at each visit and you won’t have to worry about emergency visits due to broken wires or brackets. With Invisalign treatment, you are given clear aligners that go over your teeth and you change them at home, or on the road while you are traveling or any other place you might find yourself. As a busy mom and business owner, the last thing I wanted to do was to bog down my schedule with even more appointments. This totally solved that problem and kept me sane. It was also a lot quicker than I thought it would be to get my new smile.
- I can eat whatever I like. This was another big deal to me. If I wanted to have something sticky like taffy, I could. With braces that is totally not the case.
- It isn’t obvious I am getting treatment. I loved knowing that few people even knew I was getting treatment to straighten my teeth. To most people it is virtually invisible. I could see it myself, but I was that one wearing it, so that is to be expected. Pete had a hard time telling when I was wearing and when I wasn’t… as were most people I came into contact with during my day to day life.
If you are thinking of starting Invisalign treatment, click here to find an Invisalign provider near you to learn more and get started!
Are you working on feeling your best this year too?