This post contains affiliate links. We may earn compensation when you click on the links at no additional cost to you.
It’s officially apple time!
I always wait till after Halloween to declare apple everything time. October gets pumpkins… November apples and then December is hot chocolate month. Of course I completely made this all up… but I’m hoping to start a new trend.
Pete, the girls and I are even hoping to do some apple picking this week. We always head up to Julian to pick apples and to have the famous Julian Pie. They are known for serving it with a slice of cheddar cheese on top. I haven’t been brave enough to have it that way. Maybe this will be my year?
Since driving to Julian is an all day thing this is what I will be making this fall when the apple pie craving hits…
These Mason Jar Apple Crisp desserts are AMAZING! They taste like a cross between a pie and a cobbler. Plus they are just as easy to eat and enjoy as they are to make… and they travel really well so be sure to take these to all your holiday events!
You will need:
For The Pie:
- 4 cups of sliced apples
- 12 4oz mason jars
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup flower
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a bowl combine flour, sugar and cinnamon.
- Coat apples with the mixture.
- Spray mason jars with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place a few coated apples in each jar. I fit about 4-5 apple slices.
- In another bowl combine rolled oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda and baking powder. Mix well. Pour melted butter over the mixture.
- Top each mason jar with topping mixture. Place all mason jars on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown and apples are tender.