This post may contain affiliate links and we may earn compensation when you click on the links at no additional cost to you.
Crispy Rice Valentine Heart Pops for the win!
I've been making these for my girls for years now. It all started with Maddie and Ashley were younger and I made crispy rice treats that were “too sticky” for their little fingers, or so they told me. They loved the treats… but they wanted to eat them without getting messy so I started to put them on a stick.
Years later they are still a favorite. I've even made them in the shape of a heart, wrapped them in some plastic wrap… added a bow, and had the girls have given them out as Valentine's.
They are just as fun to make as they are to eat and the girls make them themselves nowadays.
Here's how to make your own heart pops…
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) Marshmallows
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- Red Food Coloring
- Lollipop sticks
- Heart shaped cookie cutter
- In a microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for approx 2 minutes (microwave times vary)
- Stir in 4-5 drops of red food coloring after 2 minutes to produce a pink color. Use slightly more color for a deeper red color develop. Or, add some blue food coloring to produce a purple color
- Continue to heat for 1 additional minute. Stir until smooth.
- Add crispy rice cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using a buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
- Allow to cool in refrigerator
- Use the heart shaped cookie cutter to cut into heart shapes.
- Insert lollipop stick into bottom of heart.