Chocolate Chip Cannoli Cones
Dessert is one of my most favorite times of day!!! Have you had cannoli? I used to think that I could only get this luscious and amazing Italian dessert from the bakery. It is the perfect combination of a crunchy shell surrounding a sweet ricotta cheese and cream filling. I am so thrilled that I can make these right at home! When I am craving something sweet these are my go too Italian treat fix.
The ice cream cones are an easy to find shell for the decadent ricotta filling. Just to take the waffle cones over the top, we dip them in melted chocolate and roll them in mini chocolate chips. Can you have too much chocolate? I think not!
There is still time to make these sweet treats for Valentine's Day! They are so amazing and addicting. You will be craving them all the time.
- 15 oz. whole milk ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/3 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 10-12 waffle cones
- Strain ricotta cheese using paper towels or cheese cloth set in a strainer. Strain for 30 minutes. Discard water drippings.
- Add powdered sugar, vanilla, & cinnamon to ricotta cheese. Stir to incorporate.
- Pour whipping cream into a medium bowl. Use a hand mixer to whip cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold ricotta mixture into whipped cream.
- Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Scoop into a zip bag and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips in microwave.
- Dip waffle cones into melted chocolate. Roll in remaining chocolate chips. Set on wax paper to cool.
- Snip off one corner of zip bag with ricotta cream filling. Pipe filling into waffle cones.