Avocado Toasties- Perfect Appetizer For The Big Game
Can you believe it's almost time for the BIG game! Yep, the one we all crowd around the TV to watch the football being thrown around… or in my case to catch the commercials and eat a lot of yummy food! I'm so excited to partner with La Brea Bakery to share this recipe for the perfect game day appetizer- Avocado Toasties.
I was excited to use La Brea Bakery Telera Rolls to make these Avocado Toasties.
From start to finish, they were ready in 15 minutes. I love serving food at parties that doesn't take me away from my guests for too long. That can be one of the biggest bummers about entertaining, not being able to hang out with your guests because you are too busy making the food. I learned a long time ago to pick my entertainment menu based on food that is easy to make and serve for that very reason.
When I was thinking of what I wanted to make for this years game, I knew I wanted to use avocado… and I wanted it to be something in addition to our guacamole that we always have. Then Emmy and Ash asked if they could have grilled cheese… and that is where these were born from. It's the best of both worlds. The creamy deliciousness from the avocado and the always well received cheese on top.
Even better, everything can be done before your guests arrive and the prep work is super easy!
Here are the ingredients:
- La Brea Bakery Telera Rolls- cut in half
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 cups of mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Because the Telera rolls are “take and bake” they still stay really soft on the inside and they get the perfect amount of crispy on the outside when baked. I sliced them in half and then put them right back into the back to keep them fresh.
- Plan for about 1/4 of an avocado per slice of roll. Spread it on the roll.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Add a whole basil leaf on top. (Optional- I love the fresh flavor that the basil leaf gives, but the girls prefer their without).
I'm so happy to also share that La Brea Bakery has an awesome #SnackOn sweepstakes where you can enter for a chance to win round trip airfare to San Francisco, hotel and two game tickets! Be sure to hop on over and enter today!
I even caught Ashley helping herself to one when she thought I wasn't looking!
The rolls are my new favorite and I decided to make the girls one more recipe using them. I call these “Cheesy Pizza Dippers” and the recipe is in the video below: