This post contains affiliate links. We may earn compensation when you click on the links at no additional cost to you.
Family vacations are something to look forward to every year. One of the best places to vacation as a family is at the beach. There are so many wonderful beaches across the United States. Experiencing the sand between your toes, hearing the crashing of waves at night, building sandcastles, and soaking in sun together as a family can be some of the most memorable moments of your year. (Not to mention relaxing!) I have gathered a list of the 20 best beach vacations for families all around the USA! I hope you can make it to one of these fabulous beaches soon!
1. Morro Strand State Beach, Ca. Right next to Morro Bay is a stretch of beach in the shadow of Morro Rock. The beach is perfect for families to enjoy a picnic and beach day before retiring back to Morro Bay and all it has to offer.
2. Hollywood, Florida The revitalization of the area is in full swing with new hotels, a boardwalk with restaurants galore, a beautiful sandy beach, and friendly people.
3. Myrtle Beach in South Carolina Visit the Atlantic Ocean in all its splendor. This famous and popular beach destination is packed with fun family activities, comfortable lodging, and amazing restaurants all around. If you have a golfer in the family, this is also a good destination to find a tee time and enjoy a picturesque round of golf.
4. Miami, Florida Miami is known for its fun nightlife but it is also home to many family-friendly beaches in North Miami Beach.
5. Oahu Beaches, Hawaii Once the playground of Hawaiian royalty, this world-famous beach is now a gathering place for families from all over the world. The soft sand and calm waters of Waikiki make it the perfect beach for families with children of all ages.
6. Carmel State Beach, Carmel, Ca. Carmel is known for its inventive cuisine and the vast selection of wine but the beach at the bottom of the main street is what makes it so family-friendly.
7. Santa Barbara, California This city is loaded with fabulous beaches to choose from. Enjoy the Pacific Ocean from a new point of view as most of these beaches face South instead of West.
8. Carlsbad State Beach, Ca. Known by surfers, locals, and families everywhere as a laid-back beach, close to everything where you can stretch your feet and enjoy a famous Southern California beach day with your family.
9. Lovers Point, Pacific Grove, Ca. This sleepy little town a couple of hours south of San Francisco will win your heart.
10. Moonstone Beach, Cambria, Ca. Minutes from downtown Cambria is a beach at the end of a trail that locals take often. On the beach are little moonstones in all different colors and sizes. Perfect for the young and the young at heart.
11. The Cove Beach Cape May, New Jersey The Cove is a laid-back beach with a community of surfers. Soft sand and picturesque waves will have you and your family relaxing in a moment. Locals say the majority of the crowds leave at 5 pm. For a special treat stay until the sun sets and enjoy the magic of the waters at night.
12. Hilton Head South Carolinian Island It may be only 12 miles by 5 miles wide, but this island is packed with adventure and stunning beaches, and fun. Surfing, swimming, eating, hiking, exploring and so much more are offered on this beautiful island.
13. Mission Beach San Diego This beach has a distinct Southern California vibe. Enjoy the quiet beach or stroll down to Belmont Park to enjoy a few roller coasters and a fun carnival atmosphere.
14. Gulf County, Fl. These white pristine beaches overlooking the Atlantic are truly breathtaking. Enjoy relaxing, family activities, and all the seafood you can imagine at the Golf Shores.
15. South Padre Island These 34 miles of uninterrupted stretches of beach live up to the saying “Everything is Bigger in Texas.” Watersports, fishing, swimming, music, and dancing can all be found on this family-friendly island.
16. Newport Beach, Ca. Beautiful beaches everywhere you look, shopping, dining, and everything is family-friendly.
17. Ocean City, Maryland This beach destination is packed with fun events and activities to enjoy during your stay. Be sure to check their schedule of events and freebies list to get the most out of your vacation.
18. Ditch Plains Beach Montauk, New York This beach is famous for surfing and standup paddleboarding. Even if you don’t surf you can enjoy this beach, but bring your camera and catch some fantastic shots of the surfers riding the wave.
19. Ft. Lauderdale 23 miles of sunny beachfront fun. The soft surf of this beach makes a perfect family spot. Many hotels, restaurants, and attractions are located within walking distance.
20. Laguna Beach Located midway between Los Angeles and San Diego this 7-mile beach is a wonderful family vacation destination. Nature and art enthusiasts will love the natural habitats and gorgeous views in Laguna Beach.