This post contains affiliate links. We may earn compensation when you click on the links at no additional cost to you.
I have learned that I can choose who I want and need in my life. The success I have found the past few years I contribute much to surrounding myself with people who enhance my life, support me, encourage me, guide me, assist me, and instruct me. This is my list of people you must have in your life to push you to success and give you peace of mind.
1. Spouse/Partner Finding a spouse to spend and share your life is one of the best decisions you can make. Make the journey of life with someone you absolutely love. Marriage is not always easy, but it is worth it.
2. Primary Care Doctor You need a good doctor that knows you and your medical history. Don’t just go to an urgent care for every medical need. A primary care doctor will be able to help you in a more specific way because he knows you personally and knows your medical history.
3. CPA A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is a great person to have on your team. Not everyone is a wiz at numbers. A CPA can not only help with filing your taxes, but assist you in reaching your financial goals and making good decisions for your future.
4. Attorney No one really wants an attorney in their life. The circumstances for an attorney are rarely pleasant, but not knowing who to call to help you with legal issues is even less pleasant. A good attorney contact is definitely someone you need in your life.
5. A Counselor There are times when you need help. Whether for your marriage, children, life decisions, or just working through your own issues, have a good counselor you can go to who will listen and also give good guidance. They don’t always have to be paid professionals, but a professional counselor would be good too.
6. Best Friend You need a good, close friend who knows you in your life. Someone who will laugh and cry with you. Someone who has your back and you have theirs. Best friends don’t have to talk every day, but they know when to step in and be there for you and with you.
7. Hairstylist An easy way to ruin your day is with a bad haircut. A good hairstylist can put you at ease and help you feel and look great! Finding a new hairstylist is hard. Hang on to those good ones!
8. Role Model/Mentor Role Models don’t have to be TV stars or superheroes and aren’t just for kids. They can be an older couple with a great marriage who have done a good job raising their kids or someone with drive and success you admire. Give yourself a good role model to follow. Remember: You don’t have to BE them. Just LEARN from them.
9. Accountability Partner No one likes to be bugged and held accountable for things in our lives. But sometimes we need someone who will take on the job of encouraging us and pushing us to keep to the goals and decisions we made. They can’t be afraid to confront us when we stop or push us to go a little further then we think we can. Accountability partners can help keep us on track with a new diet, quitting smoking, saving money, and so much more.
10. Mechanic If you have a car, then you need a mechanic. There are so many mechanics out there that either don’t know what they are doing or will charge you for things you do not need. Make friends with a good mechanic! Know that you have someone qualified and reliable to help you keep your vehicle in good working condition.
11. Handyman You may be able to tinker around and beg your dad to help fix a minor plumbing problem or broken outlet. Know a good handyman who can do the big repairs. If your furnace breaks in the middle of winter you will be very glad to have a handyman in your life!
This is a great list. I would LOST without my hair stylist 🙂
This is THE perfect list. I can’t actually think of anything else to add to this. I don’t know where I’d be without my husband.
Great list of people you need. We don’t have everyone on this list yet, but I do have a friend that is an accountability friend and I think that one is the important things to have! Someone needs to give you a knock up the side of the head every once in a while when you are doing something stupid.
Yes! These people really make modern living much easier on you. I really like to have role models to look up to especially.
Definitely don’t have more than half of those people in my life (yet). But I do love that my spouse is my hairdresser! HAHA! I dye my hair at home (myself) and my husband cuts it once in a while 🙂
Family is so important. I don’t know where I’d be without my husband AND my son.
Sounds like a pretty good list to me–of course I never did find a spouse but I am perfectly content without one.
Yep. These sure are true. This is surely a great list! Family would be number one on my list. My husband works on cars, so that settles the mechanic part. 🙂
You have really covered just about every type of person we should have in our lives. I feel that people we choose to fill these roles will change over the course of our lives too.
I think these are all great people to have on speed dial for life’s little issues. Great list..speaking of, I need a new hairstylist!
Great list! I lost my husband a year and a half ago. It is so hard going from a couple to a single parent! But I would never trade the time I had with him than to have not gone through losing him.
What a great list! I agree with every one of them, Id be lost without them for sure!
Definitely a role model. I have several and have learned so much from them.
I love the fact that you added a hair stylist to the list, lol! I totally agree with having mentors in your life, whether it’s a formal thing or informal. We all need to find people we can learn from.
I totally love this post and I agreed! Thank you so much for sharing 😀
What a great list! I really could use an accountability partner right about now.
This is such a great list! I actually went through to name people in each category and I only failed at the PCP. Sadly… I do not have a primary after mine left the practice. I should probably get on that!
See, this is where I luck out… Hubby is a mechanic and handyman 🙂 This is a great list. Every single person makes sense. Thanks so much for sharing.
That is a great list of people you may need in your live. Only one I would leave off the list is an accountant. Maybe one day when I actually have money to play with, I may need one. Right now it would be an added expense not needed. I will keep it in mind. I think it is great tip.
I have a few of them in my life. I definitely need to get more
This is a great list! I have most in my life and those, I can’t live without! Believe me. I need to check out some others listed!
Great list. I will definitely need to get some of these people in my life.
Anyone who inspires me must be added in the list. Why are parents not in the list? I guess that my parents are the most important among those people.
Your list is perfect. I know that my list includes my brothers, sister, mom and dad… and my grown children and my girlfriends…. it is nice to have so many people that matter so much to our lives.
These are always great people to have around in your life! Thanks for sharing!
I don’t have the mechanic, counselor or an accountabilty partner. I probably should get to know some people! LOL!
This is a great list! I’m happy to say I have everyone on the list. It’s sure nice to have people to go to that you trust and know you. It makes everything easier!
I would add a twelfth (or more)…but a good minister is essential for me. Takes care of my spiritual side.
The only ones I have out of the list is a partner and a doctor. My brother is handy with cars so he’s my mechanic of sorts! 🙂
So glad you included hair stylist. I couldn’t make it through life without mine. 🙂 I have all of these people in my life. Great list.
This is a pretty good list. I need a good CPA, I just realized this year that I’m not gonna do it myself anymore.
This is such a great list! My husband is an accountant so thankfully I don’t have to look far for financial advice! 🙂 Now if only I could find a handy man!
Ha I LOVE that you included the hair stylist! hat is an absolute must!
I don’t have an attorney, but I should really get one. Also, I don’t like always going to the same hair salon since I usually get my hair cut on a whim–but love this list!
I can identify with most of these, especially the handyman. Everywhere we’ve ever lived one of the first things I do is look for a good handyman!
I think this is a great list! I know I need to add a few of these people into my life.
What a great list! These are all definitely important people to have in your life.
This is a great list, especially if you are just starting out living on your own. I would be lost without some of these people, including an accountability partner!
I would just be lost without my best friend. I’m very happy to see that one on the list. 🙂
These are all so true. Im missing a few of them unfortunately.
my hair stylist is more important to me than my handyman lol. great list!
This is totally an awesome list of people that you should have in your life indeed for a piece of mind. It is so important to a good friendship also with these people so they now what you want from them or are looking for at least. Thanks so much for sharing.
I find the hardest one to find is a best friend, that’s something you can’t just find anywhere. It takes many years of friendship and tough situations to finally figure out who that person is. Though I totally agree with this list!
This is a great list. I believe my husband actually covers a few of those people on his own! Having these people in your life is a must!
I agree with you completely! I think that we need to surround ourselves with positive people to have a great life.
Awe man, I am missing the CPA and the Hairtylist, especially since all the ones I ever knew never listened to me. I think it’s always good to have a reliable mechanic on hand!
Comments are closed.