Leveraging Communities For Traffic
One of the best ways for newer bloggers to get traffic to their blogs is by posting links to their content in large Facebook groups or Forums.
However, there is a right way and a wrong way to do this.
These places are communities. So, if you barge into a new group and immediately begin posting links to your website, you will most likely get kicked out. In fact, we delete these types of posts and we do remove repeat offenders of this tactic in our communities.
So, how do you post links to your blog posts in communities the right way?
Here are some guidelines to post your content the RIGHT way:
- First of all, read the community rules to make sure that posting links to blog posts are permitted. If the rules state that you cannot do this, then forget about ever posting any links in that group.
- Focus on becoming a member of the community. Become known in the group by contributing to the conversations and/or answering questions.
- Do your best to position yourself as someone knowledgeable in your niche.
- Only after you have done the above steps should you consider posting a link to a blog post.
- If you are in a forum, use your signature line to link to your blog (if permitted)
- Only share posts that will be a resource or add some value to the group in some way.
- Don’t post too often. Some groups have a tremendous amount of activity, and some do not. Just be somewhat careful not to post too frequently. If you post too much, it will be a negative rather than a positive thing.
- Find communities that are within your niche(s). Do not focus on blogger groups… in fact, you will most likely have the best success in other groups surrounding your niche.
Ready to see your assignment for today? Read on in the next section for today’s assignment.
Day 10 Assignment
Your assignment for today is this:
Step 1: Research Facebook Groups or Forums in your niche
Step 2: Join or Request to Join at least 3 communities in your niche
The point of today’s assignment is NOT to immediately start sharing links to your content in these groups that you research and join. If you do this, most groups will kick you out and think you are just spamming.
The goal is to become a member of these communities and eventually begin to share your content that will become a resource for the group.
When you have finished with today’s assignment, comment “Done” in the 10k Challenge Day 10 Assignment Thread found HERE
Do you have any questions about today’s coursework? Ask away in the 10k Challenge Day 10 Question Post found HERE