In today's fast paced society it is way to easy to get busy and distracted which leads to a lack of quality time with our children. With a little planning and open-ended questions, you will find pure joy in spending quality time with your kids. Here are a few ways to spend time with your kids.
1. Sit face to face and talk. Sit directly in from of your kids, make eye contact and let them know that they have your undivided attention.
2. Eat Dinner at the table as a family. Eating dinner at the table with no TV to distract everyone can open up some incredible conversations. Make a point to talk about the day, tell some jokes, have a family meeting, all kinds of possible conversations are available.
3. Go to the park. Going to the park is free. Get outside and run around with your kids. Push them on the swings. Play tag. Throw a football. Engage in activity with them.
4. Play a board game or card game. Start a family friendly competition and keep a tally of wins for every game you play. Board games can bring out the kid in each of us!
5. Ask open-ended questions. Instead of asking, “Did you have a good day?” Ask, “What was the best thing that happened today?” Ask questions that need more of a one line answer.
6. Have a joke contest. There is something about kids telling jokes that make smiles and laughter contagious. They can be the silliest jokes that make no sense but learn to laugh with your kids.
7. Explore someplace new together. Pick a place you have never been to before in your city or state. A new park, a woods, maybe downtown. Involve the kids in picking where to go and leading the way.
8. Take them on one-on-one dates. If you have more than one child, plan a special outing with each one individually. Make the place you go unique to that child's interest. Make the date all about them!
9. Build something together. Whether it is a fort in the house, a treehouse in the backyard or a lego castle building together can be a way to bond and enjoy time together.
10. Create a Family Fun Night Look at your calendar and schedule a regular Family Fun Night. This night doesn't have to be an expense or big fan-fair event. Just a simple movie and pizza or board games & popcorn will be awesome. The key is planning a regular time to get together as a family and enjoy time together.
What are more ideas to add to this list?