This post may contain affiliate links and we may earn compensation when you click on the links at no additional cost to you.
1. Social Media Icons and links that are easy to find: If I come to your blog and I decide that I want to keep you and your site in my life I want to know how to connect with you on social media. If it's not on your homepage I'm not going to search and you've just put me in a bad mood. How sad! We could have been friends!
2. Your email address on your contact me page: Please do not put a form that I have to fill out to contact you. I won't do it. This is especially important if you want to work with advertisers. They are not going to hunt for your email address, nor use a form… you could miss out on a big opportunity.
3. Your picture: People connect with real faces that have eyes looking back at them. It really helps them remember a blogger and want to come back and read more.
4. A menu bar with categories: People want to read more, but they have to be shown that there is more to read.
5. A professional looking site: You want people to know that you care about what you are saying. You must have a site that says I care and I've invested in my site. Have it designed by a professional.
6. A professional image: No cartoons, please. Those were so 2011!
7. An about section: A connection with your audience is one of the most important aspects of having repeat visitors. If they like you enough to want to read more, they will want to know more about you.
8. A search bar: Make it easy for your readers to find what they are looking for. They will stay longer and come back more often.
9. A tag line: You have seconds to let people know what they can expect from your site. Make them want to stay and come back for more.
10. Popular Posts on the sidebar: There is a reason they are popular on your site. Show them off to other people who are stopping by to read other posts.
This is not a complete list, but it's a good starting point! What would you add to the list?