This post contains affiliate links. We may earn compensation when you click on the links at no additional cost to you.
Only two days till 2016! It is amazing how quickly a year can go by. A new year brings new possibilities and a fresh clean slate. Every New Year’s Day I like to sit down and think about the previous year and make a plans for the upcoming year. I truly believe the success of my year begins right on the very first day of the year. These are the things I always do on New Year’s Day to set up myself and my family for a great year.
1. Order Your Yearly Credit Report Knowing your credit score can give you a lot of information and give you guidance when making goals for the upcoming year. If one of your goals is to buy a car or move to a different house, your credit score is important to know and evaluate.
2. Plan a yearly budget based on last years numbers. Look at last years income and expenses. Make a budget based on last years numbers. Looking at the previous years numbers will allow you to see where you spent your money and where changes can be made to save.
3. Write out how you want your life to be in a year. Where do you want to be this time next year? Write out what you would like your life to look like 364 days from now. When you take the time to think about what a difference a year can make, you know that you can make some big steps and changes to get to your goals.
4. Evaluate how you achieved last years goals. How did you do with last years goals? Did you accomplish your vision for the year? Evaluate your commitment and success with your goals. Did you set them too unrealistic? Think about what you can do differently this year to go even further with your long term goals and vision for your future.
5. Plan a vacation Everyone needs something to look forward to and work towards. Plan the one place you really want to go to this year. Maybe it’s a tropical vacation or a visit home to see family? Either way make it happen this year.
6. Decide to learn something new The mind ignites when learning new things. Sign up for that photography class you have been wanting to take, order that e-book tutorial you have been eyeing, learn something completely new. Give your mind a challenge and adventure.
7. Let go of past failures Our failures can often hold us back. The past can keep our mind from going forward. Just because you failed last year in one area does not mean that you will fail this year. Let go of those failures and use them as lessons for the future successes.
8. Say “I love you” to your friends and family Start off the year letting the people you care about know how much you mean to them .Family and friends are so important. Make the very first day of the year the day you tell them how much you love them and how special they are in your life.
9. Find an accountability partner Find someone to hold you accountable. When you have a friend checking in and challenging you to stay on task you will find yourself motivated to be focused. Make sure your accountability partner is not timid in pushing you and encouraging you this year with your goals and dreams.
10. Test your fire alarms and carbon monoxide detectors Check the batteries and overall condition of your fire alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. Replace alarms or detectors that are not functional and put in fresh batteries. Your families safety is very important. Start off the year safe and set up the good habit of checking your homes safety devices on the first day of every month.