This post contains affiliate links. We may earn compensation when you click on the links at no additional cost to you.
Have you been considering purchasing a new computer or laptop? Computers have become a part of our daily lives. Many of us use computers every day in our careers & business. I use my laptop every single day! It can be quite overwhelming when trying to decide which computer is right for you. Before you buy your new computer consider these 10 things.
1. Budget. You need to know what your budget is BEFORE you start looking. Computers aren’t cheap. Knowing how much you have to spend will give you the liberty to look at computers within your budget.
2. Goals. Think about what you will be using this computer for. What is the purpose of purchasing this computer? Is this for business or pleasure or both? Knowing your goals for your computer will help make the decision easier.
3.. Desktop or Laptop. Decide which would be the most useful for you. A desktop and laptop can offer several different benefits. Do you prefer to work directly from your desk? Or do you create your best work from your couch and bed? Your goals & budget will also help decide this for you as well.
4. New or Refurbished. You can save some cash by purchasing a refurbished computer. Many times they come with the same warranties as a new one. Consider this option when looking at computers.
5. Mac. vs. PC. Of course, for some, this is a heated debate. Consider if you the programs you use the most are compatible with Mac or PC. Which are you most comfortable using? Go into a Mac store or store that sells PCs and play around on a store model to get a feel of it.
6. Hard drive & Memory. For the average person, just know that bigger is better in most cases.
7. Service. What kind of warranty will come with your computer? The average person will need help with troubleshooting problems or fixing issues that arise. Computers do not last forever. Consider the warranties offered and possibly choosing an extended warranty on the product you choose.
8. Accessories. You can blow your budget on accessories. Be sure to consider carefully each accessory you purchase. Make sure you really need it before you purchase it.
9. Virus and Spyware package. You need to protect your computer once it is home. Make sure to set yourself up with a good Virus & spyware package.
10. Internet. You will need a good modem in your computer to make sure that your internet connection is strong. Nothing is more frustrating than a slow internet.
WHAT KIND OF COMPUTER DO YOU OWN?