10 Things You Must Know To Have A Happy Marriage
1. Men and women are not alike at all. They think, speak, dream and plan differently. Don't expect your partner to be or think like you.
2. If you want or need something tell them. Don't hint at it or expect them to somehow know.
3. You will both be strong at different times. This is one of the best gifts you both will get.
4. Pick your battles carefully. Side with whoever it's more important to. If she really wants green walls in the bathroom and you can live with them go with the green walls.
5. Words can not be taken back once they are said. Be very careful what you say to each other.
6. You will be tested. Not in the big ways that you think, but in the everyday living. Always choose each others best interests.
7. Spend time together alone. It's hard making time, but making each other a priority will strengthen your bond.
8. Say I love you to your partner at least 5 times a day and mean it, even when times are tough.
9. Be positive when talking about each other. It never feels good to have your faults constantly pointed out by someone you love. Be careful even when venting to friends.
10. Touch often. A hug and a kiss go a long way. Physical contact connects us on deep levels.
This post contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policy for further information…
I have one quick tip that has made a tremendous difference in my own life and the lives of countless others. I find that listening to a daily dose of inspirational or self helps books gets my day started in the right direction. I know that this one small thing is responsible for a lot of the success that I have achieved in life. I've found that it is very difficult for me to actually set aside time to read these type of books. But, I discovered a way to get my daily dose of positivity without changing my routing at all. The answer is audiobooks, and the leader in audiobooks is certainly Audible, an Amazon company. They have thousands upon thousands of titles and they are also offering a free 30 day trial right now so you can try it out.
I usually listen to Audible on my phone while I am going for a walk or working out, or I play it in my car while I am dropping the kids off at school. Audible has a convenient app that makes all of this so easy. Anyhow, I just wanted to share because of the dramatic impact this simple little thing has had on my life, my attitude, and my earnings! Click HERE to get the 30 Day Free Trial so you can try it out yourself. I don't know how long they will be offering the free trial, so I would suggest checking it out now.