This post contains affiliate links. We may earn compensation when you click on the links at no additional cost to you.
Hopefully, you already have an established exercise routine in your life. If you are looking to burn a few extra calories in the day, you may find that everyday tasks can help you whittle down those calories. Pick up the pace in everyday chores and routines to give yourself a little energy boost and burn away the extra calories.
1. Do housework. Cleaning your house can help you burn calories. Try to use both hands when cleaning to burn even more.
2. Work in the yard Mow the lawn. Pull weeds.
3. Play with your kids. Wrestle on the floor, play tag, push them on the swing, tickle them to death!
4. Get extra sleep. You burn calories when you sleep. Get some extra shut eye and burn some calories.
5. Take the stairs. Don’t take the escalator or elevator. Jog up the stairs for more of a burn
6. Park far away. Going to the store? Park out in the boonies and walk to the door.
7. Drink more Drinking causes your body to burn calories. Put your drink on ice and burn even more.
8. Walk and Talk When you are on the phone pace the room or walk outside. Don’t just sit and chat. Get moving.
9. Laugh. Laughing burns calories. Tell a joke. Watch a comedy. Smile and laugh.
10. Cook your own food. You not only eat healthier but the time on your feet spent cooking and cleaning up will burn a few extra calories.