This post contains affiliate links. We may earn compensation when you click on the links at no additional cost to you.
You don’t always have to go far away to relax and enjoy your surroundings. Time off at home can be a really fun adventure as well as relaxing. One great benefit is you don’t have any travel days during your vacation. Take advantage of what your hometown and state has to offer. Save a few bucks by being a tourist at home.
1. Go to the Zoo. The zoo often has special exhibits and concerts. Pack a picnic lunch and enjoy nature for a day.
2. Explore new parks. Check out your state or city’s website and go through the list of parks in your area. Make a plan to visit and explore each one.
3. Go Geocacheing. Go on a treasure hunt with your GPS. Find hidden treasures all over using this fun little app. 2 million of these little treasures hidden all over the world. Find the treasure and then you leave treasure of equal or greater value. Check out more details Here.
4. Visit local museums. Check out the history, art, and rich culture right in your state and hometown.
5. Go to the beach or pool. Get in the water! Visit a lake or find a local recreation center and take a dip.
6. Take a nap. Simple. Rest. Isn’t that what vacation is all about?
7. Go to a ball game. Get tickets to a local sports team event and enjoy the day cheering for your favorite team.
8. Try a few new restaurants. Check out your cities top ten best eats and try a few new places.
9. Read. Go to the library, bookstore, or even your bookshelf at home and pick up that book you have been wanting to read, but just didn’t have the time.
10. Host a large BBQ. We don’t always get to vacation with our friends. Enjoy a dinner party with your friends on your vacation. It can be elaborate or simple. Just spending time with family and friends with no pressure of work tomorrow can be refreshing.
What are some other things to do on a Stay-cation?