This happens to me all the time.
The phone will ring and it will be guests coming over with 10 minutes notice. I used to really stress over these moments, but not anymore. I’ve got an action plan now. In 10 minutes I can have the house guest ready with these tips.
1. Have the right tools. Keep a cleaning bucket in an easy to reach area so you can grab it and get to work. Same goes for your vacuum. Since time is of the essence I use a Hoover Air Cordless Vacuum. No cord means you have freedom to move about your home with ease; no plugging and unplugging, no winding and rewinding and most importantly, no tripping, tugging or tangling. This saves me precious time. It also has multiple products with an interchangeable battery, which provide versatility to tackle a variety of messes with just the right tool for the job, whether it’s the whole house or picking up a quick mess. Thankfully it’s normally little messes here and there that I’m picking up before guests get here.
2. Pick up, put away and throw away. Grab all the clutter and sort. Throw away what needs to be in the trash, put away what needs to be put back and straighten up the rest.
3. Start high and work your way down. I dust and clean kitchen counters and I don’t worry too much about getting the ground dirty. Since time is of the essence do the best you can.
4. Open the windows. Even if just for a couple moments. Fresh air does wonders.
5. Vacuum your floors. Start farthest from the front door and work your way towards it.
I am so impressed with our new AIR™ CORDLESS SERIES 3.0 UPRIGHT VACUUM.
It’s a full size, cordless vacuum that can clean your whole home. We’ve been using it for small spills and the twice daily cat hair clean up… and also for deep cleaning. It’s awesome.
Hoover has a line of 4 cordless cleaners—3 vacuums and a hard floor wet cleaner to choose from. They all have the power and performance you expect from Hoover. The cordless line is powered by an interchangeable battery system that works with all products in the Hoover cordless line products. We keep one in the vacuum and then charge the other so that we are never without power! The LithiumLife batteries have double the capacity of their standard 18-volt lithium Ion batteries which means longer runtime and fade-free power. Plus the Windtunnel 3 technology provides performance and suction power to lift and remove dirt.
What tips do you use for cleaning up when guests come over?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.