These cookies could also be called chocolate bombs because they are loaded with a deep chocolate flavor that will make any chocolate fan smile. The powdered sugar is for show but also gives the cookies a little extra sweetness because they are more chocolatey than sweet. They are perfect with a big mug of coffee or milk.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 stick salted butter softened to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of red food dye or enough to make them red enough to your liking.
- Set aside the powdered sugar in a small bowl.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until it’s all combined.
- Scoop a tablespoon of dough into the powder sugar bowl and flip it over until it’s all covered in powder sugar.
- Roll in your hands into a ball. Be warned, make sure the dough is covered in powdered sugar before you handle it or your hands will turn red from the dye. Ask me how I know…
- Place on a greased sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Watch them carefully and remove them once they are firm and cracked.