Laundry is one of those things that nobody really loves doing, but it has to be done. After years of being the laundry technician (go ahead and giggle) in our home I’ve learned some laundry hacks that help us get the job done quicker and easier. This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Arm & Hammer. The opinions and text are all mine.
1. Make Space To Get The Job Done. I used to do the laundry here and there. Sometimes folding it in the laundry room and other times on my bed. That was okay when the girls were all littler since I needed to be close by… but I’ve since started only keeping it all in the laundry room, and that has made all the difference. Knowing that there is one spot for everything I need, and need to do, makes getting it done so much easier.
2. Get Help. Laundry doesn’t have to be a single person job. If your kids are old enough have them help. Little ones can collect the dirty laundry from all the baskets and bring it to the laundry room. The older kids can spot treat and more. My middle daughter learned a long time ago to separate the dirty of dirtiest clothes and how much of a difference a little extra TLC can make on getting those clothes clean. My oldest is now capable of doing the laundry from start to finish. The little one is the best sorter you will ever meet. It takes a team to get it all done, but all of our stress levels are way lower when we all pitch in and help!
3. Have The Right Tools. The biggest laundry hack I know is to be using the right products like ARM & HAMMER™ plus OxiClean™ Power PAKS because they combine the power of OxiClean™ Stain Fighters, and ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda in a crystal form.
I’ve learned that no amount of preparation or planning can take the place of having a laundry detergent that is formulated and contains active stain fighting ingredients that tackle a variety of stains, including dirt, grass, blood and oil. ARM & HAMMER™ is the trusted, timeless, practical laundry solution for you and your family
Did you know that each ARM & HAMMER™ plus OxiClean™ Power PAK provides 4-in-1 performance:
- Deep Cleaning Micro-Crystals
- Removes Tough Stains
- Brightens and Whitens
- No Measuring Required
ARM & HAMMER™ Plus OxiClean™ Ultra Power Pak is convenient & affordable! All you have to do is just toss in the washer before adding clothing and the single use Pak dissolves quickly and goes to work, gently bubbling to provide deep cleaning and stain fighting power to leave your laundry with a great fresh scent. There is no mess, spills or bulky bottles. The easier, better way to whiten, brighten, and freshen laundry.
ARM & HAMMER™ plus OxiClean™ Power PAKS delivers the clean you need at a fraction of the cost too… they costs 50% less per load than the leading single use brand.
4. Never Let The Job Get Too Big. But also group it together. The worst thing about laundry is when you have a huge mound of it to do. The job looks too daunting. I’ve learned the best time to get it done is once you have 2 loads to do. For us, that’s everyday. I start the laundry as soon as we have all taken our morning showers. That way we are not taking water away from showers and it will all get finished by the end of the day (hopefully sooner).
5. Figure out what works for you. Create your own system. Maybe you want all your clothes hung up, or not hung up? Either way is okay. Decide what you like and stick with it. If I had my way we would live out of laundry baskets… but I know that’s not okay, so I do the next best thing. I only hang up Pete’s clothes and my dresses. Everything else is folded and put away. I do what is best for us because it makes it easier to get the job done… and that’s all that really matters!
What are your best sanity saving laundry hacks?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Arm & Hammer. The opinions and text are all mine.