I love making cheese platters and plates when entertaining. I’ve made enough of them now that I have a set of tips I use when I put them together. How I make my favorite cheese plate is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons. The opinions and text are all mine.
We entertain a lot during the holidays and one of my favorite things to serve is a good cheese plate.
Thankfully I have an Albertons right down the street, and they have a vast cheese selection. Because they have everything I need to make this beautiful cheese platter.
It’s quick, easy and a guest favorite snack or appetizer.
Whenever I make a cheese plate I follow these steps:
- Pick an assortment of cheeses with different flavors, shapes and colors. The cheese plate needs to be visually appealing as well as flavorful. I always add an aged brie, a sharp cheddar, and then a couple seasonal specialty cheeses. This time I used a cranberry infused cheese and a spicy jalapeno with a deep depth of flavor.
- Add a dark fruit or two. I have use deep purple grapes in the past and this time I chose blackberries. I decide based on what is the freshest.
- Don’t forget salty olives. Pick your favorite and buy a small selection of them.
- Citrus fruit always has a place on my plate too. I choose small tangerines for this one, but oranges are good too.
- Pistachios are a nice addition too. I’ve also added candied almonds and herb cashews. Nuts and legumes work really well.
- To accent the plate I always add some fresh herbs. Sprigs of rosemary is always my go to… but others work well depending on what you have available.
- For the bread and crackers, get creative. Different shapes, flavors and textures work best.
You can make your own platter this holiday season with this awesome cheese sale!
Check out your local Albertsons store for this awesome 25% off sale on specialty cheeses from November 20th – 22nd. In my Albertsons, the specialty cheese was near the deli department and all the delicious extras I needed were above the cheeses.
One lucky winner will receive one $50 Albertsons Safeway gift card. To enter please build and post images of your own cheese boards (using a selection of cheeses found at your local Albertsons owned store) to your social channels from 11/13 – 11/26 and then leave me a comment below sharing a link to your share!
Head over to the store and stock up on specialty cheeses!
What is your favorite cheese?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons. The opinions and text are all mine.