Are you asking yourself “Where are the best Halloween Scares in Orange County, San Diego, LA or So Cal”? I’ve found it for you! Knott’s Scary Farm of course!
Opening night at Knott’s Scary farm is one spooky party! Pete and I had a date night that was not to be forgotten! Imagine a romantic evening filled with creepy creatures and horrific walking and talking beasts from the underworld. Throw in a clown or two and you have a real night out on the town!
We started the night with the girls and my parents but we separated at dinner time and let the girls have Knott’s famous dinner with their grandparents while Pete and I got our spook on!
Want to know exactly what Knott’s Scary Farm is? Awesome… It’s the ” largest, most creative and most attended Halloween attraction in the world. This living nightmare continues to frighten and amaze as it returns for its 41st with 12 haunted attractions, including 5 new mazes, 6 shows, and more than enough monsters to leave you breathless.
When is Knott’s Scary Farm you ask? Sept. 26-29, Oct. 3-6, 10-13, 17-20, 24-27, 30-31, Nov 1-2, 2013! Knott’s Berry Farm closes at 5:30 p.m. each evening and reopens at 7 p.m. as Knott’s Scary Farm. The fear continues until 1 a.m. (2 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.)
Want to know what is new at Knott’s Scary Farm for 2013?
- Twelve elaborately themed walk-through mazes and haunted attractions filled with trained scare masters whose only goal is to leave you with lasting memories- FEARFUL ONES!
- Four terrifying scare zones.
- “Ghost Town” (Old West Ghost Town®)
- “Necropolis” (Camp Snoopy)
- “CarnEVIL” (The Boardwalk)
- “Fiesta De Los Muertos” (Fiesta Village )
- Six sinister live shows including the return of Elvira – Mistress of the Dark.
- OVER ONE THOUSAND live monsters, ghosts, ghouls, goblins, freaks,mutants, maniacs and other beasts lurking in the fog to scare unsuspecting guests.
- TERRIFYING NEW MAZES (and locations):
- “Gunslinger’s Grave” (Silver Bullet)
- “Black Magic” (Xcelerator)
- “Mirror Mirror” (Necropolis)
- “Dominion of the Damned” (GhostRider)
- “Forevermore” (Mystery Lodge)
- “TRAPPED: The New Experiment” (Boardwalk Ballroom)*
- HORRIFYING RETURNING MAZES & ATTRACTIONS
- “Trick or Treat” (GhostRider)
- “Pinocchio Unstrung” (Wilderness Dance Hall)
- “ENDGAMES: Warriors of the Apocalypse”(GhostRider)
- “Delirium” (GhostRider)
- “Uncle Willy’s Slaughterhouse” (Necropolis)
- “The Witch’s Keep” (Calico Mine Ride)
- SINISTER SHOWS:
- “Elvira’s Sinema Séance” staring Elvira, Mistress ofthe Dark, and featuring The Academy of Villains (Ghoul Time Theatre)
- “The Hanging®” (Calico Scare)
- “Carny Trash” (Bird Cage Theatre)
- Street Drum Corps “Blood Drums” (Necropolis)
- Red Moon presents “Cursed” (Gypsy Camp Stage)
- “Possessed” (Mystery Lodge)
If you want to make your visit even more amazing may I suggest the following packages?
- Pre-Scare Dinner Special: Get into the spirit early by enjoying a Knott’s Boo-fet dinner followed by early entryinto Knott’s Scary Farm a few minutes before it opens to all other guests. Add the VIP dinner to your evening of thrills and chills for only $24.99 – online only. This specialoffer is available each night to Halloween Haunt ticket holders only with advance dinner reservations which can be made at knotts.com. Walk-up Boo-fet price is $29.99 +tax.
- Hotel packages are available at the Knott’s Hotel for Haunt fans who want to make the most of their night. The “Bare Bones” package, starting at $149, includes a hotel night stay and two tickets to Haunt. The “Haunted Dreams”package, starting at $220, includes hotel stay, Haunt tickets, Pre-Scare dinner buffet and much more! All packages are based on double occupancy and subject to availability.
Learn more and buy tickets at Knott’s Berry Farm
Back to our review of Knott’s Scary Farm… There were tons of ghosts and lots of thrills on all the awesome rides… After Pete and I had our fill of awesome food and spooky creatures jumping out and scaring us, we had our oldest daughter join us. It was bedtime for the other two, but the teenager was wide awake and was so excited to go to Knott’s Scary Farm. She and Pete go every year and love it. I’m a chicken and haven’t been in years till this year. I’m now a new fan who will be back for years to come!
Tips: We had a great time! I was scared, my daughter was scared. Life is good! This is definately not an event for those younger than 13. If you have a real thrill seeker that is younger than 13 I’d consider it. My daughter has been going since she was 11 and she has LOVED it, but she is really into these things. If you have time I’d do the dinner first. Knott’s is known for their yummy food and it’s more fun to get scared on a full stomach! Although there are creatures and ghosts throughout the park waiting to scare you, they never touch you. Just jump out at you and make loud noises. <— That is the question people ask me the most. So don’t be worried about actually being grabbed!
Thank you to Knott’s for inviting us to the Opening Night of Knott’s Scary Farm to facilitate this review.