Thanksgiving is a big deal in our home. The food, the family… the football game. All of it. I love baking and cooking up a huge feast, but nobody loves the mess that comes with it. Especially Pete, because he always offers to do the cleanup… but he’d much rather be watching the big game. Thankfully (pun intended) this year we have a game plan (haha, I’m full of puns today) on “How To Save Yourself From The Dreaded Turkeypocalypse!” Thanks to our friends at P&G for sponsoring this post.
So there is going to be a mess. You can’t avoid that. From cooking and baking to all the entertaining… it’s going to happen. But this year, don’t dread the post-Thanksgiving clean up.
Prepare for it. Conquer it. Get back to the game sooner.
These are the magic words you need to hear, and this is how it’s going to happen.
Each year we set off with good intentions, but Pete still ends up missing part of the game because we just start cleaning up without a plan or the right tools. Not this year! This time we have products that are going to help us get back to the game quickly with a sparkling kitchen behind us.
Pete went and stocked up on supplies…
This is how it will go down:
- Plug in the Febreze Pumpkin Bliss before the party. Febreze Air Effects instantly takes care of the odors in your air. It gets chilly in November so open windows isn’t always an option. Odors won’t be an issue for us this year.
- Put away all the food. Separate any food that will be going home with guests right away and refrigerate.
- Soak any non-dishwasher safe items in Dawn Ultra right away. Leverage the “2X more everyday grease cleaning power per drop*” *Based on cleaning ingredients vs. non-ultra Joy®. Work less and let Dawn take care of the mess.
- Load the rest of the dishes in the dishwasher. Let Cascade Platinum clean your toughest Thanksgiving messes.
- Wipe down the counters with Bounty paper towels. Bounty is two times more absorbent, so the roll can last longer. It’s great for spills during the party too!
- Do a final floor clean up with Swiffer WetJet. It’s an all-in-one mopping system that powers through tough dirt and grime. Get those floors cleaned up and your work here is done.
- Get back to the game! You ate, you cleaned… it’s game time!
Here is more advice from NFL Great Clay Matthews…