Milkshakes! Rich and cool ice cream! Do you know how to make the best one you will ever have? You are about to learn… I thought this was the perfect post for today. At 8:30am it was already in the 80’s. I am loving this warm weather. I know it’s not going to be here for long, but I am ready for summer and this is the ultimate treat!
Milkshakes. They are they’re own kind of amazing. There are times when nothing meets the craving of a milkshake. Not regular ice cream or cocoa. It has to be a milkshake. Milkshakes have been around since the 1880’s. At that time however, milkshakes were an alcoholic whiskey drink that has been described as a “sturdy, healthful eggnog type of drink, with eggs and whiskey”. I definitely prefer the modern day version packed with ice cream syrups and in short, more sugar than the human body can handle!
Did you know that during his youth, former President Harry S Truman worked in an ice cream and soda shop as a teen? This is a kind of treat I think he would be proud to serve.
Nowadays we have soft-serve machines an all kinds of flavors, but this is simple and old fashioned and can be done with a blender and a few simple ingredients.
For this you will need:
- ¾ cup Vanilla Ice cream
- ½ cup of strawberries
- ¼ a cup of milk
- Whipped cream
- chocolate syrup
This recipe make one serving and here are the super easy directions:
- Slice the strawberries and put them in the food processor.
- Place milk ice cream in food processor.
- Mix everything together until well blended. I use the magic bullet and it only takes about a minute or two.
- Quickly and carefully take your glass you are planning on using and line the inside of the glass with a rim of chocolate. To do this, hold the syrup bottle still and turn the glass.
- Pour the shake into your glass and garish with cream, syrup and fruit.
Enjoy! What’s your favorite cold drink?